' Basic Trope: Content that was removed from the game by preventing legitimate means of accessing it.
- Straight: Ace originally was going to be able to reforge the Sword of Light into a gun, but it was removed due to it being an incredibly sacrilegious act on Ace's part. Instead, the gun was replaced with an Infinity+1 Sword
- Exaggerated: Twice the amount of the content of the actual game is hidden away.
- Downplayed: There are extra skins for weapons found in the game files, but there is was justifiable way to implement the changes in game. The skins are still there, just not legitimate way to use them.
- Originally it was intended to let the player be able to choose a gender for the protagonist. However there was a shift to voice acting that made it too memory expensive to have two sets of voices for the protagonist so the female version got dummied out.
- There was originally going to be another character join your party. In design an idea that caught one, like him becoming a Distressed Dude to show how powerful the Big Bad is, so instead said character was only temporarily in the party. This left his equipment and skills still in the game despite not being a lasting party member.
- Inverted: A level was hastily added to the game right before release and never had time to be fully debugged.
- Subverted: The dummied out data is put into the game in the next patch.
- Double Subverted: Most of it anyway.
- Parodied: The menus are made to suggest a huge amount of content was originally in the game, including Bill Cosby mode and a Darker and Edgier series of levels.
- Zig Zagged: The dummied out data is added back in in a patch. Most of it, anyway. However, they later release an expansion pack that adds back in that last bit of date. The expansion pack, however, also has dummied out code. A patch for it is later released... to add some of it back in.
- Averted: All content that was removed isn't included in the game.
- Enforced: The content removed was totally inappropriate for the desired rating.
- Lampshaded: "Hey, whatever happened to that gun idea?"
- Invoked: An in game character decides the hero is too powerful, and uses dimensional magic to weaken the hero, which result in a dummied out item or skill.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: They decide to release the game a few months late so they can finish all their planned features.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The developers can never seem to stay on task long enough to actually finish any of their planned features, leading to the game being released late and over budget, and not being all that great.
- Reconstructed: ... until the mod community gets their hands on it and finishes the dummied out stuff.
Wait? How did you find the link to Dummied Out
? That should have been removed!