: A third party informing somone one that the person they like is gay.
- Straight: Bob asks Alice out. Carol says "Dude, Alice is a lesbian"
- Exaggerated: Bob asks Alice out. Carol says "Dude, she's my wife."
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Alice is shy and would not say it out loud.
- Inverted: Carol asks Alice out. Bob says "Girl, she's straight"
- Doubly Subverted: "...but only platonically."
- Bob asked Alice out at a lesbian bar. Carol says "Dude, do you know were we are?"
- Bob runs into Alice and Carol at a bar, and asks Carol to introduce them. Carol says "Dude, she's a lesbian." Bob, undaunted, sits down next to her, and says, "So, what's Lesbia like then, gorgeous?"
- Zig Zagged: Alice is a person with multiple personality disorder; some are lesbians, some are straight, some are bi. Bob only ever runs into her when she's a lesbian.
- "We need Alice to be a lesbian but not act like a lesbian."
- "We need to scupper any Alice×Bob shipping, because we have other plans for them."
- Lampshaded: Bob asks Alice out. Carol says "Dude, she's a lesbian. I Always Wanted to Say That."
- Invoked: Bob "I think you're pretty, that probably means you're a lesbian."
- Exploited: Alice informs Bob that Carol is a lesbian in hopes he will rebound to her.
- Defied: "You think I'm going to tell him? No way, this is too funny. I want to see how long it takes him to work it out!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob is informed that Alice is a lesbian. His response? "Oh, fair enough. What, you thought I should assume that from her haircut? Dude, how homophobic is that? And anyway, I figured she might be bisexual."
- Reconstructed: Turns out she is bisexual, and both Carol and Bob end up in a relationship with her.
- Played For Laughs:
- Bob asks Alice out and is surprised that she's a lesbian even though she's wearing a gay pride shirt and making out with Carol.
- Bob says "I'm a lesbian, too."
- Played For Drama: Alice and Bob live in a world where homophobia reigns supreme. Bob would have to be a heartless Jerk Ass not to protect her now.
Back to Dude, She's A Lesbian