Playing With: Down in the Dumps
: The setting is a garbage dump or junkyard.
- Straight: An episode takes place in a dump or junkyard.
- Exaggerated: The entire series takes place there.
- Downplayed: Garbage Day!
- Justified: The main character or a Chekhov's Gunman lives and/or works in such a setting.
- Inverted: The show is all about garbage dumps and junkyards, but those places are never the setting for the show.
- Subverted: The main story doesn't take place in a dump or junkyard.
- Double Subverted: But a side story does.
- Parodied: The story is told from the perspective of...the garbage.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The series makes no mention of a dump or junkyard.
- Enforced: We need a setting that could best be described as Darker and Edgier.
- Lampshaded: "What are we doing in a dump like this?"
- Invoked: Someone tries to get a MacGuffin back that wound up in the garbage.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The characters refuse to go to a dump or junkyard, feeling that it's too dangerous or gross.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: "Hey! I think I found the MacGuffin!" *pulls out old boot*
- Played For Drama:
- A fight takes place in the junkyard.
- Someone gets tetanus or another junk-borne disease.
Back to Down in the Dumps