Playing With: Disney Villain Death
Basic Trope: Villain dies by falling off a high object/location.
Back to Disney Villain Death
- Straight: After the epic battle with the hero, Emperor Evulz falls off the cliff and dies.
- Downplayed: Evulz is killed, and then falls off the cliff after it's clear he's already gone.
- Justified: Emperor Evulz has a magical spell protecting him from any harm, and the only way to break it is to throw him into the Abyss of Annihilation.
- Emperor Evulz falls into an abyss. Then he gets out because he can fly
- Emperor Evulz falls off a cliff, but survives...
- Double Subverted:
- ...Just long enough to unleash his Dying Curse. Then he dies.
- Alternatively, Emperor Evulz dies by some means other than falling off a cliff... and then his lifeless body falls off a cliff.
- Parodied: The Hero questions Emperor Evulz's choice of a small area where he can easily fall to his death.
- Zig Zagged: The Big Bad falls, but gets back up because he can fly, but he runs out of fly power and falls, but then he grabs a rope on a blimp, but the rope snaps.
- Averted: No one in the story falls off a high object.
- Enforced: Creators donít want to show the death of the character, but they want to make it clear that Evulz indeed dies in the end, so he falls of a cliff high enough to be sure he couldn't survive that.
- Lampshaded: "I always wondered when he was ever gonna fall off that cliff."
- Invoked: The Hero picks a spot with a-lot of pits that are perfect for villains to fall off of.
- Exploited: The Hero knows that the villain will most likely fall to death, so he rents a "villain killing cliff" for just such an occasion.
- Defied: Evulz makes sure that his final battle with the hero takes place nowhere near any cliffs or deep pits.
- Discussed: "Well, there goes Emperor Evulz. Do any of you guys think there's a chance he survived?"
- Conversed: "I've seen that type of death so much that I'm starting to wonder if the heroes made a deal with gravity to take out all that oppose them with falling."
- Implied: Emperor Evulz's lifeless body is found at the bottom of a deep chasm near a cliff, but exactly how he died and how his body ended up there are never revealed.
- Deconstructed: The Hero seemingly defeats Emperor Evulz by delivering a blow that sends him to his death. The Hero checks if the body hasn't survived, only to be pulled down by the leg when Evulz catches him off guard, sending The Hero to his death.
- Reconstructed: ...Only for The Hero to pull Evulz to his death.
- Played For Laughs: The Hero keeps pushing Emperor Evulz off the 50-story cliff whenever Emperor Evulz uses his immortality to resurrect himself from major injuries.
- Played For Drama: The Hero and Emperor are at their last bit of strength when Emperor Evulz decides to deliver the finishing blow. The Hero at the nick of time, destroys the ground of their arena and Emperor Evulz falls to his death.
Back to Disney Villain Death