: A godlike Eldritch Abomination
is beaten by comparatively-lowly beings.
- Straight: Bob, your typical somewhat-empowered hero, manages to defeat Cthulhu.
- Double Subverted:
- Bob defeats Cthulhu again, this time for good.
- Bob hits Cthulhu again harder and defeats him.
- Bob's job is officially "Destroyer of God-Like Eldritch Abominations".
- Bob is an exterminator and takes out Cthulhu with a 'roach bomb.
- Bob literally punched out Cthulhu in a boxing match.
- Zig Zagged: Bob faces a long sequence of forms of Cthulhu.
- Averted: Cthulhu really is invulnerable so Bob never tries.
- Enforced: "We should inspire our readers/viewers to do great things... how about the main character is able to defeat a god?"
- Invoked: Upon hearing that Cthulhu is unbeatable, Bob says "Screw Destiny!" and makes it his mission to defeat it.
- Exploited: ???
- Cthulhu makes it so Bob never gets the strength to defeat him.
- "Cthulhu? He's invincible! No way am I gonna try and face that thing!"
- Discussed: "We're just ordinary human beings. Do you think we have a chance against Cthulhu?" "Don't know until we've tried!"
- Conversed: "I'm so going to end up going against Cthulhu at the end of this game, aren't I?"
In strange aeons even Death may die, but the Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?