'''Basic Trope''': A cold character's exterior is melted by the PowerOfLove.
* '''Straight''': Alice is condescending and dismissive of Bob, until he valiantly saves her from her enemies, helps her bringing the children endangered by the enemy to safety, and brings her a bouquet of flowers.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice refuses to acknowledge Bob's existence until he kills every monster in the realm and gives her a factory's worth of boxed chocolate.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice mellows after Bob manages to foil an assassination attempt. She still treats him like crap though.
* '''Justified''': Alice has been burned badly by a slick false love and both wants to protect herself and does not trust her judgment.
** Alice is madly in love with Bob, until he actually shows some interest in her; then she freezes.
** Alice starts off as generally friendly towards Bob, if not exactly interested in him as a potential boyfriend. But the realization that Bob's feelings towards her may be as more than just as a friend causes her to become somewhat colder towards him, in order to make him stop pursuing her.
** When Alice first meets Bob she acts kind towards him, but when she gets to know him more she sees his true self and starts acting coldly.
* '''Subverted''': Alice was only pretending to be nice.
* '''Double Subverted''': Only to later admit she really does like him.
** Unappealing doofuses can win a [[EverythingsBetterWithPrincesses princess]] of [[AnIcePerson literal ice]] by making a romantic gesture.
** Alice ''[[LiteralMinded literally]]'' melts when Bob does a romantic gesture towards her.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
** No one is hard to get.
** All hard-to-get characters don't get anyone.
* '''Enforced''': "The romance subplot has to last through the trilogy; she has to play hard-to-get."
* '''Lampshaded''': "I can't be all smiling and welcoming. If I do, men will walk all over me and women will call me a whore."
* '''Invoked''': "Men are hunters at heart so, to them, cold women are like an elusive prey. Winning their heart is all the more validating. Why do you think Alice is so popular despite her frigid bitch act?"
* '''Exploited''': Alice's friends deliberately [[TheMatchmaker pair her up with Bob]] in the knowledge that she will become nicer towards everyone once he wins her heart.
** Bob chooses the sweet GirlNextDoor Claire despite Alice's attractiveness, because she's too hard to get.
** Alice files a restraining order against anyone who dares pursue romantic interest in her, regardless of gender.
* '''Discussed''': "Why are you such a bitch, Alice?" "I'm not. I'm just keeping my dignity intact, that's all."
* '''Conversed''': "Cold women usually have a warmer heart, trust me."
* '''Deconstructed''': ??
* '''Reconstructed''': ???
Back to DefrostingIceQueen, you spoony simpleton.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???