Playing With: Death Seeker
: A character who fights with the intention of dying, only sucks at getting killed.
- Straight: John fights Alice so she will kill him, but Alice lets him live.
- Exaggerated: John fights with a twig against Alice's Humongous Mecha with a battle cry of "Kill me!" The stick gets lodged in its steering system and it fails, leaving him completely uninjured.
- Downplayed: John fights Alice hoping to get injured.
- John has lost all hope, so he tries to provoke his enemies into killing him.
- Suicide by Cop
- John is planning a Thanatos Gambit that requires a specific type of death to activate.
- John is suffering from a Fate Worse Than Death and cannot take his own life.
- The undead John travels around the world, seeking battles and trying to find a way to return back to life.
- Immortality Seeker
- Subverted: John's death seeking behaviour is a ruse to psyche out his opponents so he can defeat them more easily...
- Double Subverted: ... causing him to be suicidal when he realizes how many people he's killed.
- Parodied: John is always getting into battles that he can not possibly win without even trying to defend himself in an attempt to kill himself, but ends up winning every time due to some technicality or mishap.
- Zig Zagged: John thinks that his team will never win and loses the will to live, so he picks a fight with Alice. Alice is secretly in love with John, so she fights carelessly when she realizes that John is suicidal, which unintentionally gives John a perfect opportunity to kill Alice. This realization causes John's depression to end, as the fight is not hopeless after all. He mortally wounds Alice, only to realize that she purposefully didn't kill him earlier. Overcome with guilt, John asks the dying Alice to kill him, but she refuses and tells him that he needs to find a reason to live.
- Averted: John doesn't seek death.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz orchestrates a major catastrophe in John's life, knowing he will become suicidal and will go out seeking his death.
- Defied: John decides that life is worth living and only chooses battles that he knows he can win.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Implied: John is warned that accepting a certain mission is guaranteed to result in his death. John says that he doesn't care and takes it anyway.
- John's death seeking behavior leads to the death of his team.
- Why doesn't he just kill himself? Because part of him still wants to live, and he realizes that too late.
- Reconstructed: His suicidal behavior leads to the team signing him up for therapy.
Go back to Death Seeker
and kill me already!