: A villain with relations to the Dark.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz is the Big Bad in a black outfit with the Power of Darkness
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz is Obviously Evil in Black and the Darkness is so evil that everything within sight dies.
- Downplayed: He wears dark clothing, but is morally ambiguous at worst.
- Inverted: Light is Good/Dark Is Not Evil
- Despite wearing black, he has connections with the Light.
- He's a good guy in black.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Lightbulbs die the minute Emperor Evulz is even mentioned.
- Zig Zagged:
- Emperor Evulz frequently switches costumes, roughly half of which are black.
- Or, Emperor Evulz is a Heel-Face Revolving Door, switching between being a villain and a hero every other episode, whilst keeping his black attire and powers of darkness.
- Despite his signs of darkness, he isn't good or evil.
- No one wears black or has darkness-related powers in the series.
- Lampshaded: "That Emperor Evulz guy loves to wear Black a lot".
- Invoked: "We have to make it REALLY obvious who is the villain here. Give him a completely black costume and Darkness related power".
- Exploited: Knowing that black attires intimidate people, Emperor Evulz makes sure his wardrobe is stuffed full of them.
- A person with a mean streak receives dark-based superpowers and vows to try to be nicer to live up to his/her new abilities.
- He's the Token Good Teammate on the side of evil.
- Discussed: "Yep. The guy in the black is Obviously Evil".
- Conversed: "Black again? You're not very imaginative, are you? Colours are fun, you know".
Corrupt your soul back at Dark Is Evil