: A movie ends with a dance number/party.
- Straight: After defeating the Big Bad, the heroes throw a dance party.
- Exaggerated: The entire ending consists of nothing but a dance party.
- Downplayed: The ending is shown to be a celebration where Charley and Diana, who are shown to love dancing, and on the dance floor during the celebration along with others, while the heroes do other things.
- Justified: It's a party being thrown at the end, and after saving the world you sometimes need to relax.
- Inverted: The heroes throw a dance party at the very beginning of the story.
- Subverted: The Big Bad survives and destroys the party, and kills everyone.
- Double Subverted: But then everyone is revived and the Big Bad gets defeated again to resume the party.
- Parodied: "well, it looks like the morgue is booked so we can't go with a depressing ending, it looks like all the small rooms are taken so we can't really have people talking to each other alone, but there is a DJ available so I think we should go with a dance party."
- Zig Zagged: Seems like they're going to dance, turns out to be a formal dress party, then it turns out it's a ball, but the heroes don't really want to dance.
- Averted: Nobody dances.
- Enforced: The ending was changed from a Downer Ending, so the dance party was the one that fit the most.
- Lampshaded: "So, defeated the Big Bad, saved the girl, I assume dancing is going to come in shortly."
- Invoked: "After all of that, I just want to dance!"
- Exploited: The defeated Big Bad and his mooks sneak away while everyone is busy dancing
- Defied: "No, I'm not much of a dancer."
- Discussed: "After vanquishing a seemingly unstoppable foe and rescuing the world from destruction, a party is definitely in order."
- Conversed: "They're just going to dance after all that" "I guess so."
- Implied: The partiers are shown sitting, out of breath but happy as a song ends.
- Played For Laughs: As it turns out, none of the main characters know how to dance. The end result is less a "dance party" and more an "awkward movements for several minutes" party.
- Played For Drama: During the dance, Bob and Alice are dancing together when suddenly Alice collapses, and injury sustained during the final battle shows itself in all the activity.
Back to Dance Party Ending