Playing With: Cuteness Overload
: A character explodes or is frozen in place after experiencing something so cute.
- Straight: When Alice saw Mr. Jangles, the Ridiculously Cute Critter, she emitted a loud "KAWAII~" and froze in place.
- Exaggerated: When Alice saw Mr. Jangles, she exploded, taking out 38.985872385% of the planet.
- Downplayed: When Alice saw Mr. Jangles, she commented on him being cute and spaced out just a little before snapping out of it.
- Justified: Mr. Jangles emits pheromones / spores that inflict this effect to sapient critters to keep larger ones from eating him.
- Mr. Jangles froze when he saw Alice
- Alternatively: When Alice saw Mr. Jangles, he rushed over to hug her.
- Also: Mr. Jangles is an Eldritch Abomination and may actually cause her to freeze in terror.
- Subverted: "KAW-" but since Alice is a superheroine and Mr. Jangles is a supervillain, she proceed to kick his arses.
- Double Subverted: ...and then, after Mr. Jangles is beaten to pulp, Alice continue her "KAWAII~"-ing. Squick?
- Parodied: Mr. Jangles avoids being in the same presence as Alice, as if she sees him, he'll have to pull out the wheelbarrow to roll her out with.
- Zig Zagged: Alice doesn't know how to react when she sees Mr. Jangles.
- Averted: Alice didn't freeze when she saw Mr. Jangles.
- Enforced: "We want to make this creature appear to look very cute". "Let's have Alice see him, and freeze at the sight".
- Lampshaded: "Hey lady? Are you okay? You appear to be kind of still... lady?"
- Invoked: Mr. Jangles wears make-up and stuff to emphasize his cuteness.
- Exploited: Mr. Jangles uses this technique to control Alice.
- Defied: Mr. Jangles always dresses up like a mutant baby to prevent this from happening.
- Discussed: "Is she gonna be okay?" "Don't worry, that always happens when she sees Mr. Jangles".
- Conversed: ???
- Alice completely froze when she saw Mr. Jangles, which allowed him to have his way with her.
- Alternatively: Alice develops an obsession to Mr. Jangles, and stalks him.
- Reconstructed: Apparently "having his way with her" is really just cloning her for company.
THAT'S. SO. KAWAII~!! *dies*