: A character who partakes in activities or lives a lifestyle outside of what is culturally expected of them.
- Straight: Chris is a black man who prefers to listen to Heavy Metal over Hip Hop & R&B.
- Exaggerated: Chris is a black man who becomes a Metalhead who will start a riot whenever someone talks about the newest rap songs.
- Downplayed: Chris does, in fact, listen to Hip Hip & R&B, but he enjoys Heavy Metal more.
- Chris was just getting tired of listening to his culture's music and thought that he wanted to try something new for a change.
- Chris doesn't like to live by the expectations of his fellow African-Americans.
- Chris doesn't like being stereotyped as some kind of gangster from the hood.
- Inverted: Chris is a black man who is expected to listen to rock music with the other blacks, but he likes his own race's music.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Chris listens to rap music as others expect him to.
- Enforced: The writer wants to make An Aesop that people don't have to be culturally inclined and they can feel free to enjoy other people's culture.
- Lampshaded: "Yo, Chris, why you listenin' to dat rock music, cuz?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Chris decides to avoid listening to rock music otherwise his race members will become angry with him.
- Discussed: "Man, these people don't even know how to respect their own race."
- Conversed: "Who does Chris think he is? He actually forgot where came from."
Back to Cultural Rebel