Playing With: Crack Is Cheaper
stuff is expensive.
- Straight: Seamus O'Taku spends most of his income on his geek paraphernalia.
- Exaggerated: Seamus can't even afford groceries because of his geeky addictions.
- Downplayed: Seamus spends a good amount of money on geek paraphernalia, but he still keeps the rest of it saved for more important things.
- Justified: The company constantly underestimates the North American demand for their products. Seamus is forced to purchase either overseas or at a considerable mark-up.
- Geeky stuff is cheaper and more affordable than everyday things like groceries.
- Geek stuff is surprisingly cheap, or free even, but still has addictive properties.
- Subverted: Seamus has the means to buy all this geek junk.
- Double Subverted: But because of that, he loses his wealth in a short time.
- Parodied: Seamus' geeky addictions have him living in a cardboard box on the street...with a whole bunch of Manga
- Zig Zagged: The price of geek stuff constantly fluctuates. The frequency at which Seamus buys this stuff varies just as much, but without correlation to price changes.
- Geek stuff is reasonably priced.
- Seamus does not buy geek stuff.
- Seamus reads manga, watches anime, etc. online for free, or rents games and videos instead of buying.
- Enforced: A Deconstruction of Geek subculture.
- Lampshaded: "I spent way too much on Manga last month..."
- Invoked: Seamus goes to an Anime convention.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Seamus knows that he can't afford to have the geek junk and still be able to eat this month. So he decides to either not buy it (or to buy it when he has more money.)
- Discussed: "How does Seamus afford rent and groceries and Anime-related paraphernalia?!
- Conversed: "It's expensive to be a geek."
- Deconstructed: Seamus' hobby turns into a full-blown addiction, and the resulting money troubles are not a joke.
- Reconstructed: But Seamus is then able to regain some standard of living through his hobby. (Maybe by working for a company focused around his hobby, or winning contests with cash prizes.)
How can you possibly afford to go back to Crack Is Cheaper
when you just spent all that money on cosplay?!