: A Mary Sue
that's a blatant copy of a Canon
- Straight: Original Character Missy-Sue has a very similar backstory to Main Character Drake, and has similar powers and personality to boot.
- Exaggerated: Missy-Sue and Drake have so many similarities, Missy-Sue is almost an Opposite-Sex Clone of Drake.
- Downplayed: Missy-Sue comes from Drake's hometown, and has the same occupation, and looks a lot like him, but is otherwise a completely different person.
- Missy-Sue is an Opposite-Sex Clone of Drake.
- Missy-Sue is an In-Universe Fangirl who wants to be just like Drake.
- Drake is an artificial being, created in the image of humanity. Making another one is perfectly possible.
- Inverted: Missy-Sue is in many ways the opposite of Drake in terms of both backstory and powers, making her a Shadow Archetype.
- Double Subverted: She really does looks similar and have a similar backstory even before she heard of Drake.
- Zig Zagged: The writer can't decide how similar Missy-Sue is to Drake.
- Averted: A new character is introduced that is absolutely nothing like Drake.
- Enforced: "I got a great idea for a new character! It's just like Drake... only it's a girl! And she's even more awesome than Drake is!"
- Drake's geeky friend suggests running away from her as soon as possible, since he's read enough bad Fanfiction to know what's coming next.
- "Oh good lord. I swear if you were male we would be twins, except you would inexplicably more powerful."
- Invoked: The Big Bad creates an Opposite-Sex Clone of Drake as part of his mindscrewy tactics.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: A new character is introduced who has similar powers to Drake and a similar backstory, but has a very different personality.
- Discussed: Drake's nerdy friend calls Missy-Sue a blatant Copycat Sue to her face.
- Conversed: Fred writes fanfiction about Drake, and is about to introduce an OC like this when Jim explains why it's a bad idea.
- Missy-Sue is an Opposite-Sex Clone created by the Big Bad, given false memories similar to Drake's in order to study how he thinks. She breaks loose, meets up with the actual hero, and goes insane when she discoveres that her entire life is a lie.
- Drake's Sueish doppelganger is actually a Humanoid Abomination that was specifically designed by Emperor Evulz to be exactly like him for the purpose of eventually replacing him in the Five-Man Band so that they can no longer foil his Evil Plans. The copy eventually succeeds, but the other heroes catch on to the fact that "Drake" hasn't done any real hero-ing as of late, exile/murder the clone, and develop a paranoid fear that any one of them could be replaced at any moment, causing Fantastic Racism towards all clones and eventually causing them to kill each other over even the ''slightest' Out-of-Character Moment out of fear that they're Evulz's new clone mole. With the heroes infighting, nobody is left to oppose the bad guy.
- The resemblance is so uncanny that characters in-universe pick up on it; as a result, they mock him/her, pointing out that s/he can assert originality all s/he wants, but the fact remains that the character's just a cheap knock-off, a joke.
- Plotted A Good Waste: Missy-Sue is introduced as being very similar to Drake only more powerful. Rather than giving Drake the chance to ponder the implications of this and working up the drive to try and surpass Missy-Sue one day through hard work or clever tactics, he (or another supporting character) falls in love with Missy-Sue and the rest of the fic is a rather standard Romantic Comedy.
: "Back to Copy Cat Sue
: "Return to the super awesome Copy Cat Sue
main page, bro!" Bob
: "Wait-I just said that..."