Playing With: Cool Pet
Basic Trope: A character has a really awesome pet.
Back to Cool Pet
- Straight: Bob has a pet rhinoceros.
- Exaggerated: Alice has a dragon, a Kaiju, a energy being and/or a Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot as a pet.
- Downplayed: Charlie has a dog show winning dog who does amazing tricks.
- Justified: Bob raised his pet rhino since it was a calf and lives in an area where one regularly sees rhinos. Or is a zookeeper.
- Inverted: Bob has a pet rock.
- Alice has been talking about her extremely cool pet, Corneleus. When we see Corneleus, he's just a small lizard.
- A rock that fights for Bob!
- Double Subverted:
- A time traveling lizard that spits acid!
- Or A super rare Last of His Kind shapeshifting, fire-breathing, made of adimantium...
- Parodied: Bob is keeping his pet rhino in a studio apartment in New York City.
- Zig Zagged: Alice's pet alternates between cool and lame, sometimes having amazing powers and sometimes does nothing or completely worthless in a fight, depending on what's needed for the plot.
- Bob and Alice don't have pets.
- Alternatively: Their pets are just ordinary.
- Enforced: "Bob is a cool guy. He needs a cool pet to make him even cooler".
- Lampshaded: "Dude, your pet is awesome!"
- Invoked: Bob uses every resource available to get the coolest pet he could get.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice avoids getting any exotic or mythical pets knowing how high maintenance they could be.
- Discussed: "Alice might just have the coolest pet in the world".
- Conversed: "I wish I had a cool pet like those guys".
- Deconstructed: Bob's pet was not meant to be kept and captivity, and immediately goes berserk, devours Bob, escapes, and goes on a murderous rampage.
- Reconstructed: Bob has taken steps to ensure that his new exotic pet is comfortable in his new home by filling his home with things from the creature's own habitat. They eventually form an unbreakable bond.
Back to Cool Pet