: CGI that looks off compared to 2D animation in a 2D show.
- Straight: When Troperion Zero is summoned, the robot is entirely in CGI that stands out from the rest of the 2D world.
- Exaggerated: Troperion Zero is a total Special Effects Failure compared to the rest of the 2d world.
- Downplayed: Troperion Zero is cel-shaded, so it at least fits in somewhat.
- Justified: The CG-like appearance is used by Eldritch Abominations to appear otherworldly, without shattering the minds of those that see them.
- Inverted: Troperion Zero is 2d in an All-CGI Cartoon.
- Subverted: Troperion Zero is a rotoscoped 3D animation, so it still fits in with the 2d world.
- Double Subverted: ...most of the time. There are some sequences where it's obvious it's CG.
- Troperion Zero is very obviously CG, and very bad CG, too.
- Troperion Zero is depicted in ASCII art.
- Sometimes Troperion Zero is CG, sometimes it isn't.
- Some robots are bad CG, some are good CG.
- There is no CG. It's all 2D.
- The show adds subtle touches to make sure that the CG isn't completely obvious.
- "Put in some CG scenes to help build ratings". "Sir, our budget wasn't prepared for CG". "Do you want your paycheck or not?"
- The show didn't have the budget or technology to make it match the rest of the world.
- Lampshaded: "We can't repel CG that powerful!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The CG model is cel-shaded, moves with a low framerate, and generally looks very little like CG.
- Discussed: "Oh great. The SFX budget was slashed again, wasn't it?
- Conversed: "That CG is so fake! I could've done better".
- Deconstructed: The show is panned for using bad CG, and is cancelled after one season.
- Reconstructed: While the CG starts bad at first, eventually it steadily gets better.
Back to Conspicuous CG