- Straight: Carol bursts into the room while Alice and Bob are having sex. Bob refuses to let this interrupt the coitus.
- Bob invites Carol to join in.
- Carol bursts into the room while Alice and Bob are having a huge orgy. Bob invites Carol to join in.
- Carol, covered in blood, bursts into the room while Alice and Bob are having sex. It still doesn't qualify as an interruption.
- Downplayed: Alice and Bob were merely kissing when Carol entered the room.
- Carol works for Alice's fertility doctor, and Bob knows to expect someone walking in on their sex to make sure they're not doing it wrong.
- People watching is one of Alice and Bob's turn-ons. Carol is a voyeur and comfortable with it.
- Both Alice and Bob are just too horny and can't stop, regardless of Carol walking in.
- Alice and Bob are having sex — all over the house — and fall through the guest room door where Carol is sleeping. Without stopping.
- Alice and Bob start to have sex specifically to interrupt Carol, and stop when she leaves.
- Subverted: As Carol approaches the door, she hears Alice gasping. Carol enters, expecting to see them having sex, but instead finds that Alice's gasps were non-sexual — she skinned her knee and Bob was cleaning it with rubbing alcohol.
- Double Subverted: It's flirty first aid, and Alice and Bob start doing it not long after Carol walks in though.
- Parodied: Carol intentionally tries to interrupt Alice and Bob. Hilarity Ensues...
- Zig Zagged: Carol scolds Bob and Alice for engaging in sex while she's there. They stop for a moment to apologise, then continue. Carol eventually leaves them to it out of resignation.
- Averted: Bob immediately gets out of the bed to deal with the matter.
- Enforced: There's no logical reason for Carol not to walk in, but all the same this is a designated sex scene and the viewers will expect to see the deed completed.
- Lampshaded: "Oh don't mind Alice, Carol; what did you want to tell me?"
Alice: "Someone's coming!"
Bob: "Let's not let them stop us from coming."
- Exploited: ???
- Alice and Bob make sure the door's locked to prevent any interruptions.
- Carol physically separates Alice and Bob, preferably without making direct contact.
Bob: "What's wrong, Carol?"
Carol: "Um... are you going to... get dressed?"
Bob: "I don't know yet, you haven't told me what's going on! Is it important?"
- Conversed: ???
Back to Coitus Uninterruptus