: Angst about being uncircumsized.
- Straight: Bob feels weird going to public restrooms because he is uncut, and other men seem to all be cut.
- Exaggerated: Bob obsessively avoids using urinals and considers himself an abomination to the ladies.
- Downplayed: Bob had a period in his awkward teenaged years because he was uncut while the other males he kept seeing were cut. He got over it.
- Bob has joined a religion where apparently The Powers That Be care about whether a man has a foreskin or not.
- Alternatively, self-consciousness (whether about foreskins or anything else) is a fact of life; Bob just happens to be self-conscious about this particular thing.
- Bob feels like a cripple and is angry at his parents for having his penis cut when he was a baby.
- Alternatively, Danny moves from USA to Europe, and begins to feel awkward about being the only cut male around.
- Subverted: Bob feels awkward about his uncut penis, but gets over the angst when his girlfriend declares she would never go back to cut men again.
- Double Subverted: Bob feels awkward about his uncut penis, until he meets a girl who despite his expectations isn't grossed out. He is happy until she dumps him. Later he learns she secretly always hated Bob's foreskin-ridden thing, but was too nice to complain.
- Parodied: Bob is certain the weird skin flap thing "there" is a malformation or maybe cancer. He goes to see a urologist, who gets similarly worried because even he has never seen an uncut penis.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Bob feels self-conscious about his foreskin, other times it doesn't bother him.
- Circumcision issues are never handled in the story, or the story is set in a world where circumcision is unheard of.
- Or the cast consists of females only, or creatures with no penises or foreskins.
- Enforced: The story is set in times of Old Testament, all the characters are good Jews... and Bob wants to join their faith.
- Lampshaded: "Oh, no! I'm the only uncut guy in the locker room! Everyone will stare at me!"
- Invoked: Bob reads The Bible and starts to wonder if God still cares about foreskins or not.
- Exploited: Mean Melanie wants to bring Bob down, and decides to be vocal about how totally yucky uncut manthings are.
- Defied: Bob doesn't let others' opinions regarding what his penis looks like faze him.
- Discussed: "Bob, you need to get over with this silly wangst. No matter what the wild stories in your porn mags say, most girls really don't mind whether you're cut or uncut as long as you're cool with youself."
- Conversed: "I don't get this whole 'woe is me and my foreskin' thing about Bob in Daily Soap. It isn't like all Americans were cut? Or are they?"
- Deconstructed: Due to lack of uncut males in his life, Bob never learns to properly wash his penis, which leads to a life with frequent discomfort and absolutely no oral sex ever.
- Reconstructed: Bob gets over the angst, and he learns to keep himself clean and comfortable. Because he is confident and clean, his Love Interests take notice and give him plenty of "loving attention" regularly.
Back to Circumcision Angst