: Someone is defeated by a weak attack to humiliate them.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are fighting, and the latter passes out with a light smack to the forehead.
- Exaggerated: Bob explodes when Alice accidentally bumps into him.
- Downplayed: Bob is knocked out with a punch, as one would expect realistically, though the punch is relatively weak.
- Alice is stronger than she looks.
- Unless programmed otherwise, any attack does some form of damage at any point in the battle in fighting games; it's just math.
- Inverted: Theres No Kill Like Overkill
- Subverted: Bob appears to go down, but he was just making her lower her guard.
- Double Subverted: He's then promptly taken care of with a foot to the face.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The game is programmed to only allow more powerful attacks to finish opponents.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "You don't get more experience points by being boring, Alice! Spice it up a bit!"
- Invoked: Alice holds back throughout the whole fight to show Bob how inferior he is.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice decides that it'll be much more satisfying to use a proper Finishing Move.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
You can do it, too! You can make this page go away with one click