: A Housewife
has an affair with service personell that visit the house. Compare Pizza Boy Special Delivery
, with the added implication of an ongoing illicit relationship (rather than a one-time fling).
- Straight: Alice has sex with the milkman while Bob goes to work.
- Exaggerated: Alice has had sex with the milkman, the mailman, the gardener, the ant exterminator, the poolboy and the maid while Bob was at work.
- Downplayed: Alice flirts heavily with the milkman, but it doesn't go beyond that.
- Alice is unhappy in her marriage, and any one of these people give Alice more attention than Bob does.
- Alternatively, Alice and Bob have an arrangement... While he's at work with his Sexy Secretary, Alice has the milkman.
- Bob has sex with his secretary while he is at work.
- Alternatively, Bob has sex with the milkman (etc.) while Alice goes to work.
- Subverted: The milkman stops by with not only today's usual delivery but a bouquet of roses as well. He confesses his feelings to Alice, who reminds him that she's Happily Married.
- Double Subverted: But she secretly has feelings for the milkman, and Bob has been staying late at the office a lot lately...so she eventually caves.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice doesn't have an affair with any service personell.
- No service personell come to the house.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny, Rule of Sexy
- Lampshaded: "Hi, Alice! Today's delivery will really do your body good!"
- Invoked: Alice feels attracted to the milkman, and feels sad that Bob has been working late a lot.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice doesn't wish to cause a scandal or hurt Bob, so she keeps her interaction with the milkman friendly but businesslike.
- Discussed: "Oh, she knows the muffin-man, alright. Biblically".
- Conversed: "If my wife did that, I'd divorce her".
- Deconstructed: Affairs aren't a solution to marital problems; in fact, they make things worse.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob work through their problems and become a stronger couple (so neither will be tempted to stray), or else get divorced.
- Played For Laughs: Alice is an Abhorrent Admirer to the milkman.
- Played For Drama: Bob finds out about the affair.
Back to Cheating with the Milkman