Playing With: Camera Screw
Basic Trope: Video game camera is not helpful at all.
Back to Camera Screw
- Straight: The camera in The Legend Of JohnJohn 3D often gets in the way, gets stuck between obstacles and points at the way it's not helpful at all.
- Exaggerated: The camera angles in The Legend Of JohnJohn 3D point in the most unhelpful directions very often, like straight to the sky from below or obstacles get between JohnJohn and the camera and there's no way to adjust it so the game is rendered almost unplayable.
- Downplayed: The camera in The Legend Of JohnJohn is odd, and it will often lag behind when moving around or tilt, however you can often see what you are doing.
- The game has an option to set the camera to be very unhelpful which yields the player higher points.
- The Legend Of JohnJohn 3D is a survival horror game, the angles are intentionally awkward to maximize the surprises.
- he camera always shows you the best angle, but all the other mechanics are hopelessly broken.
- The camera works fine... but the world is a fine example of Alien Geometry.
- Subverted: A new patch came for the Legend of JohnJohn 3D which fixes the camera errors.
- Double Subverted: ...But also creates other errors, i.e. the way 3D objects are rendered. The player never gets to see the world in a right way.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes the camera behaves, and sometimes it doesn't. A good example of this would be how the camera behaves in Sonic Heroes.
- Averted: The camera in The Legend of JohnJohn 3D works pretty much fine.
- Enforced: Developers didn't have time to polish the game and fix the camera errors.
- Lampshaded: JohnJohn stares at the player and shouts "Stop it, Mr. Camera. You're not helping at all"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: AI knows when the camera is not panning on them and enemies attack at that very moment.
- Defied: One of the features in JohnJohn 3D is an especially useful, intuitive and helpful camera system that can guess what the player is trying to do with good success, or be controlled if the player wants it to behave differently.
- Discussed: "Even if God is watching us all the time, how do we know he can see everything clearly?"
- Conversed: "I hate the camera angles in this game."
- Deconstructed: The bad camera leads to the game being critically panned and disliked by gamers, resulting in poor sales.
- Reconstructed: People find that the bad camera adds a level of challenge that has been missing.
- Plotted A Good Waste: Developers put certain types of enemies in the game who have a special ability to make the camera constantly be in unhelpful places.
- Played For Drama: Camera in The Legend of JohnJohn? is actually an antagonist. JohnJohn has to find a way for the camera to stand still so he could fix the camera.
Back to Camera Screw