A male character looks clean and tidy, even after fights or harrowing adventures.
- Straight: Bob participates in a brawl or firefight and looks clean afterwards.
- Exaggerated: Bob is caught in an explosion while wearing a white suit, with nary a mark or tear on his outfit, and his hair is still perfectly combed.
- Downplayed: Bob is able to look neat and tidy after his adventures, but this is an expected trait of heroes (super or otherwise) in the story.
- Bob and his clothing are both invulnerable.
- Bob is a shapeshifter who can instantly heal and repair damage; his clothing is actually a part of him.
- Inverted: Bob's clothing seems to attract dirt and damage, and he is constantly spot-treating and repairing it.
- Subverted: Bob and his clothing are shot to bloody chunks.
- Double Subverted: ...only to regenerate with him as his Healing Factor kicks in.
- Parodied: Bob gets completely covered in dirt and muck; the camera cuts away for a few seconds, and when it cuts back, he is perfectly clean.
- Zig Zagged: Bob's vulnerability to stains is in direct proportion to his current levels of power.
- Averted: Bob takes the expected amount of Clothing Damage in his adventures.
- Enforced: Bob plays a character who is a ghost, hologram, or otherwise not physically in the scene.
- Lampshaded: "Hey, Bob, you do know that dirt sticks to some people, right?"
- Invoked: Bob's costume is specifically designed to resist damage and stains.
- Exploited: Bob uses his invulnerability to dirt and damage to shield others in disasters.
- Defied: Bob scuffs up his costume in order to look tough.
- Discussed: "On the bright side, I save a ton of money in dry-cleaning costs."
- Conversed: "Ever notice that in those old Western movies the good guy can wear all white and never get dirty?"
- Deconstructed: Nobody Believes Bob's harrowing stories because he doesn't look like he was there.
- Reconstructed: ...which means that he can do vigilante work without discreet piles of laundry.
- Played for Laughs: Bob must use industrial lasers to make his costume because it's invulnerable to standard scissors.
- Played for Drama: Bob is the sole survivor if a disaster, angsting that so many people have died or gotten mutilated, while he still looks flawless.
Back to Bulletproof Fashion Plate