: An extra level that's not part of the overall game but noticeably harder than the rest of the set.
- Straight: Once a player beats the final boss, they can choose to watch the credits or attempt the bonus level, the Climb of Death Elevator Action Sequence.
- Exaggerated: After defeating the final boss, the player is allowed to attempt the bonus level, Maxwell's Hellish Falling Deathtrap: The Last Stand.
- Downplayed: ???
- Inverted: The postgame content is far easier than the Nintendo Hard main game.
- Double Subverted: The bonus level is built up as something insane, but it's fairly easy... except for its boss.
- Parodied: The player dies the instant the bonus level starts
- Zig Zagged: The level difficulty "swings". After a while it changes from brutally hard to childishly easy, then again to brutally hard, and later once again changes, to childishly easy. It continues to do change for the entire level.
- Averted: There is no Bonus Level, or it's explicitly pretty easy.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: If your game has an afterlife level, an NPC comments that they died here.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Brutal Bonus Level