: Short hair on a girl indicates tomboyishness or an Action Girl
- Straight: Alice has short hair and is a Tomboy.
- Exaggerated: Alice is bald and is a Butch Lesbian!
- Downplayed: Alice's hair is the shortest among other girls (but still quite long), and is a Tomboy.
- Justified: Alice is in the army; the dress code mandates short hair.
- Inverted: Alice's long hair indicates her femininity.
- Subverted: Alice has short hair, but does things like sewing and cooking fancy dinners.
- Double Subverted: But sewing is Serious Business for the boys and men and the fanciness in cooking are in professional chefs' level.
- Parodied: Alice's hair is accidentally cut short and instantly becomes a tomboyish Action Girl.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice neither has short hair or is a tomboy.
- Enforced: Long-haired tomboy Alice decides to cut her hair short to fit her image better.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Alice cuts her usually long hair short and instantly becomes a tomboyish Action Girl.
- Exploited: Enemies avoid Alice because of her short hair, not wanting to get beaten up.
- Defied: Alice cuts her usually long hair short, but she is careful not to become a tomboyish Action Girl.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Boyish Short Hair