Playing With: Boobs of Steel
Basic Trope: Cup size indicates fighting strength.
Gainax back to Boobs of Steel
- Straight: Alice, who is not very busty, is White Magician Girl; Barbara, has B's, is the Fragile Speedster; Charlene, who has C's, is a decent fighter. Dorothy, sporting DD's, is a Lightning Bruiser.
- Exaggerated: Any woman who has any fighting skill whatsoever has at least D-Cups.
- Downplayed: The strongest fighter has the biggest breasts, but the differences are barely noticeable.
- Dorothy is the oldest in a cast of teens, so it's natural that she'd be better endowed, as well as have more fighting experience and physical strength.
- Dorothy had been working out and building up her physical strength, largely as a way of adapting to the weight of her breasts.
- The appearance of large breasts comes from the large pectoral muscles underneath those breasts.
- Dorothy is a Big Eater who learned how to fight after getting tired of people making fun of her weight.
- Smaller breasts make better fighters.
- Bigger breasts make better mages.
- A flat-chested girl is an excellent close-combat fighter since she has very small "sensitive dangly parts".
- Dorothy holds her own pretty well in battle, until she loses to Esther, who is an A-Cup.
- Alice has Gag Boobs and is thought to be the Action Girl that the party is seeking to recruit, but it turns out that Alice is a poor fighter, and the Action Girl they are looking for is Barbara, who is flat-chested.
- Double Subverted: But when Esther joins the group, they discover that she binds her Gag Boobs to keep them out of the way.
- Alice becomes a better fighter after a boob job.
- Alice has huge fists for breasts.
- Zig Zagged: Dorothy decides to get a breasts reduction to become a better fighter. However her smaller chest causes her to lose self-confidence which in turn affects her fighting abilities. She then decides to have surgery to make her busty again
- Averted: Fighting women come from all areas of the cup-size spectrum.
- "It's either this or we make her more muscular. Which one's more appealing?"
- Alice is so extremely muscular that they have to give her big boobs to make sure the audience knows she's supposed to be a woman.
- Lampshaded: "Be careful of that one, anyone who can fight and lug those things around is no joke".
- Invoked: Esther got a boob job to become a better fighter.
- Prince Casanova often paints himself get as a Gentleman in Distress or attends the finals during the Tournament Arc. He does this in hopes attracting the attentions of strongest lady fighters, for bodyguards, especially since he could be certain of their physical attributes.
- The Big Bad looks out for the flattest and the most buxom of ladies, keeping track of who could be strong enemies or bodyguards.
- Defied: "I can't fight with these things!"
- Discussed: "No woman would fight hanging out like that".
- Conversed: "No wonder she so strong. Fighting with a chest that big is probably one hell of a workout".
- Deconstructed: While a skilled fighter, Dorothy can't fight at her full potential because of her breasts. However she's willing to take that risk since her breasts have made her popular with the guys.
- Reconstructed: Normally Dorothy's breasts would get in the way in a fight but thanks to a special sports bra made for her, she can fight at her full potential.
- Plotted A Good Waste: It's supposed to be symbolic for something. Clyde, a fan of Fantasmic, guesses "Maybe it represents muscle?"
- Played For Laughs: Not only do larger breasts make her a better fighter and physically stronger overall, the breasts themselves possess considerable strength and are actually invincible, meaning she can destroy all her enemies by hitting them with her breasts. She doesn't even need to work on her arms or legs. She still does, but not for fighting reasons.
Gainax back to Boobs of Steel