'''Basic Trope''': Bad people tend to be into fetishism and BDSM.
* '''Straight''': Villain Bob dresses like a fetishist or is into BDSM; no non-villains are shown to dress the same way or have the same interest.
* '''Exaggerated''': The villain is only villainous because they want new people to dominate and torture sexually against their will.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob is a jerk who is into bondage and inconsiderate to his partners and their enjoyment.
** Bob's behavior is caused by him being a sociopath or general bastard, not him being into kinky stuff, despite a lack of showing examples of non-bastards with the same kink.
** The show keeps parroting outdated psychoanalytical theories or similar in order to establish its position as "scientific".
** [[BrainsAndBondage Sadomasochism is meant to be a sign of being cool]] and being into only vanilla (non-kinky) sexuality a sign of being a bad person.
* '''Subverted''': [[note]]Note that using BDSM without implying that either character is evil is not a subversion, it's just CasualKink.[[/note]]
** Bob's interest in BDSM make Alice and/or the audience wrongly believe that Bob is a bad person.
** Alternatively, Bob is acting abusively and tries to avoid blame by invoking prejudice about BDSM to portray himself as a victim. However, it turns out that the people around him have a far too good grasp on SafeSaneAndConsensual for that stunt to work.
* '''Double Subverted''': It eventually turns out that he's a real bastard after all.
* '''Parodied''': Owning a pair of fluffy pink handcuffs is treated as a MoralEventHorizon.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': [[CasualKink Being into BDSM is no big deal.]]
* '''Enforced''': The author dislikes bondage (or is into the whole SexIsEvil=EvilIsSexy thing), and making bondage bad would [[AuthorAppeal appeal to him/her]].
* '''Lampshaded''': "Look out! He's naked and carrying ropes!!!"
* '''Invoked''': A political rival gets her opponent to be spotted in public with BSDM gear and starts a smear campaign around that.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': TheHero is into bondage.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Showed to be mere prejudice... or a [[InternalizedCategorism self-fulfilling prophecy]].
* '''Reconstructed''': ...But then it's shown that like with anyone else, while there are good people doing it harmlessly, there are bad people who fit the trope too.
* '''Played For Laughs''': People who are into bondage are depicted as complete losers who constantly get into various inconvinient situations due to their sexual preference.
Back to BondageIsBad
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???