: A combatant is covered in blood while fighting.
- Straight: Sir Simon Slaughter is covered in the blood of his enemies during battle.
- Exaggerated: Sir Simon's entire body, from head to toe, is coated by blood.
- Downplayed: Sir Simon has a bit of blood on him here, a bit of blood on him there... but really it's hard to tell whether he's been fighting or if he's just had a nosebleed.
- Sir Simon is using the blood to increase his ferocious reputation and as a tactic to frighten his enemies.
- Sir Simon personally slew twelve men by stabbing them in the belly in this battle. You'd better believe he's gonna be blood-spattered.
- Inverted: Sir Simon has no blood on his clothing, but his enemies are splattered in their own.
- Subverted: Sir Simon makes sure not to get any blood on his clothing so that he will not be mistaken for the enemy by one of his allies.
- Double Subverted: ...but he can't help it.
- Parodied: Simon, a Dirty Coward, smears fake blood on himself to scare his enemies away without having to fight.
- Zig Zagged: However, Sir Simon has difficulty restraining himself from smearing his body during battle.
- Averted: Sir Simon does not get blood on himself, or it is not remarked on.
- Enforced: "Let's make Sir Simon Slaughter really scary by having him go into battle covered in blood!"
- Lampshaded: "Why do people fight when they're covered in blood? Wouldn't it start to smell?"
- Invoked: "If I add some blood to my uniform, the enemy will be afraid of me, allowing me an easier victory."
- Exploited: Seeing that he's covered in their comrades' blood, Sir Simon charges at the enemies to scare them.
- Defied: "I need to keep blood off my uniform. After all, I have to clean it later."
- Discussed: "Let's keep away from Sir Simon Bloodknight. I heard that he wears the blood of his enemies."
- Conversed: "Why is that man covered in blood?" "I don't know, but I'm glad he's on our side."
- Deconstructed: Sir Simon Slaughter, a ferocious Blood Knight, smears himself in the blood of his enemies to frighten those who oppose him. However, he is accidentally killed by one of his own soldiers, who is unable to recognize him through the blood and shoots out of fear.
- Reconstructed: Sir Simon makes sure to keep his skin clean so that both friends and foes recognize him, raising his status as The Dreaded.
Back to Blood-Splattered Warrior
, and be sure to clean your armor on the way out.