: A bisexual character who isn't crazy
- Straight: Alice casually mentions that she is bisexual.
- Everyone Is Bi
- Alice is an omnisexual; but is waiting until marriage, has a low sex drive, & is often an Only Sane Woman.
- Everyone, in the series, is crazy & promiscuous except for the bisexuals.
- Alice is a bisexual character who has very high sex drive and is prone to perversion and dirty thoughts, but feels uncomfortable having a one-night stand or thinks that sex is gross despite her sex-drive.
- Alice is a sane monogamous bisexual But Not Too Bi.
- Alice is a bisexual Covert Pervert.
- Justified: She just is that way.
- Alice is only bi-curious; when she gets into a relationship with Beth, it doesn't last long.
- Alice looks sane until she forgets her medication.
- Alice doesn't seem very promiscuous, but that's only because she keeps her sex life private.
- Double Subverted:
- The reason the relationship failed is because Beth cheated on her, or they simply had nothing in common. Soon after the breakup, Alice falls in love with Claire.
- It turns out that Alice was brainwashed and that her meds are supposed to help with an issue relating to physical health, not mental.
- ...which is just a rumor her Friendly Enemy, Rob, spread.
- Parodied: Alice is the most generic and boring character of the cast. Much to her agitation, her sexuality is the only thing that keeps her from being The Nondescript to the people around her.
- Zig Zagged: Alice seems asexual, but dates members of both genders, so she is believed to be bisexual, then it comes to light that she never had sex with any of them, and never intends to do so, leaving people confused. She is biromantic.
- Averted: No Bisexuals
- Enforced: "There should be more sympathetic bisexual characters."
- Lampshaded: "Why does everyone think it's such a big deal that I like guys and girls?"
- Invoked: Alice's parents are supportive of different orientations and raise her to be responsible in her sex life whoever she may decide to be with.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Being bisexual makes Alice feel unique and she acts as crazy and promiscuous as she can to make others think that too.
- Discussed: Bob: "Wait, what? Whoa! You've dated men and women?!" Alice: "Yeah, so what?"
- Conversed: "Good to see a bisexual character who isn't depraved."
- Implied: The story features/has an Ambiguously Bi character who is neither depraved nor promiscuous.
- Deconstructed: Alice is afraid to come out because she thinks everyone will assume she's looking for attention, that she's slutty, that she's greedy or indecisive, or worse.
- Reconstructed: She comes out, and her True Companions accept her for who she is.
- Played For Laughs: Alice tells Bob that she is Bi and that she and Bob have been separately cheating on each other with the same woman.
Back to Bi the Way