Playing With: Bishonen Line
: A character's most powerful form
is also his most humanlike or attractive.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz, after initially fighting Alice and Bob in a demon-like form, transforms into one that looks like an angelic version of his normal body. Naturally, this proves to be even tougher than his demon form.
- After going through a monster form that goes down in two hits, Evulz becomes a Bishonen but otherwise human version of himself, which beats Alice and Bob without him even trying.
- Throughout the story, Emperor Evulz went through many forms, each are stronger and more monstrous than previous. His finally form however, is an incredible handsome lad yet far more powerful than everything before.
- Evulz looks like a Rubber Forehead Alien until he ascends to his most powerful form in which he simply loses the ridges on his forehead.
- Evulz' final form is still a monster, but more human-looking than the last form.
- Evulz' final human-looking form is not stronger but it does have abilities that outnumber its weaknesses.
- Emperor Evulz is a Master of Illusion, and the demon form was a physical projection while the real him prepared for another go at Alice and Bob. After the demon's defeat, he has both learned their tactics and has better equipment (the "wings" of his angel form are Magitek armor).
- Emperor Evulz's real form is the angel, and he was keeping the demon form up through sheer strength of will. Now that it's dead, he can focus his full power into combat.
- Emperor Evulz's real form is the angel, and the demon form was a Power Limiter imposed on him by earlier heroes. He thanks Alice and Bob for freeing him, and then proceeds to mop the floor with them.
- Emperor Evulz knows that the heroes have less problem fighting monsters, so decides to take a humanoid form to get them to hesitate.
- Emperor Evulz is embodiment of evil, each of his monster forms reflect how repulsive evil is. His final form, however, reflect the source of evil itself.
- Emperor Evulz's pretty angel form makes him a much smaller target and allows him to move much faster than he could as a giant demon with decidedly un-aerodynamic oversized horns. As such, he's harder to hit, and his attacks are harder to dodge. The bright, shiny sparkle surrounding him and the light radiating from his body also make it that much harder to look at him for very long.
- Double Subverted:
- After that form is beaten, he becomes an even prettier angel.
- Alternatively, the demon form is way more human.
- Despite not being the strongest form, it still has some tricks in it's sleeves.
- ...which rather looks like human, but still.
- Bob comments on Evulz' lack of creativity when it comes to making his forms intimidating.
- Emperor Evulz' final form is him wearing a pink bikini and it's ability is to make heroes (mostly male) burn their eyes just by seeing him because of what he looks like in his final form.
- When Evulz says that the form is "beautiful and attractive", Bob knows it's gonna get really bad.
- Zig Zagged:
- Emperor Evulz transforms into a giant demon...then an angelic humanoid...then an even bigger demon...then an even stronger humanoid, then an even BIGGER demon, etc. Until it finally gets mixed up.
- Evulz's changes forms between a huge monster and a beautiful humanoid depending on the situation he's in.
- Evulz has only one alternate form, and it's a demon.
- Evulz doesn't transform.
- Evulz' forms are as powerful as their looks.
- Enforced: "You know, Evulz doesn't seem that threatening in the form of a monster, since his defining trait is intelligence and organization. Let's give him a more fitting final form."
- Lampshaded: "Ha! You thought my true form was a monster? Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't lose that much of my humanity!"
- Invoked: Evulz is deliberately attempting to play with expectations of what evil people really look like.
- Exploited: Evulz designed his most powerful form to resemble a human. Not just any human though. He looks like the hero's own dead brother, making it even more difficult to fight him.
- Defied: "Make sure he's dead, Bob. I don't want him to suddenly reform and come at us with a new, human body."
- Discussed: "So, Evulz really looks like a human underneath all his forms." "Well, he used to be one. It's not really surprising that he hasn't changed all that much."
- Conversed: "His True Form isn't bad looking, actually. You'd think he would try to keep that look at all times."
- Deconstructed: Since everyone expects the angel to be the most powerful form of an evil person, they begin to distrust the Forces of Good (tm), since they have actual angels on staff.
- Reconstructed: Which is a smart thing, as Light Is Not Good: Most angels are evil mortals who got that way through sheer power.
- Played For laughs: "Watch out! He's morphing into his most powerful form. Whatever you see, don't turn back! He have to keep ... Wow, he's hot!"
- Played For Drama: The heroes not only have to face Evulz but now they see his most powerful form is that of a handsome man. They were oddly comforted when he was an ugly monster but to see such a horrible being with the face of a man disturbs them as they see a dark mockery of the worst of humanity.
Back to Bishonen Line