: A movie version of a comic book superheroine with the Most Common Super Power
is played by an actress with a much smaller bra size.
- Straight: Actiongirl, a superheroine with huge breasts, is adapted into a film in which Actiongirl is played by a small-breasted actress.
- Actiongirl's main ability is Boob-Quake, which involves her gigantic breasts causing earthquakes due to their sheer size. Because she has small breasts in the film, this power is replaced with the ability to scratch with her fingernails.
- Actiongirl has breasts bigger than King Kong, but the actress who plays her has a chest that goes IN.
- Downplayed: Actiongirl's breast are fairly large, and the actress is a bit less-endowed, but most of the people who really noticed and cared were pervs anyway.
- In reality Actiongirl's bust size is extremely rare and/or physically impossible.
- It's a live action movie. Fridge Brilliance, anyone?
- Actiongirl comics are drawn in a cartoonishly stylized way to the point where no human could possibly have Actiongirl's figure without life-threatening amounts of plastic surgery.
- Inverted: The actress playing Actiongirl has bigger breasts than the comic book version, and has to use Suppressed Mammaries.
- Subverted: Actiongirl's actress does have small breasts, but in the film she is zapped with a Breast Expansion laser and grows to suitable proportions.
- Double Subverted: ...unless it turns out she's been stuffing her bra the whole time.
- Parodied: In the film Actiongirl is treated exactly as though she had enormous breasts, capable of creating earthquakes, while the actress was specifically chosen for her flat chest.
- Zig Zagged: Actiongirl's actress has small breasts, but the movie takes place after the latest issue where Actiongirl's breasts are reduced. But, in the middle of the movie, Actiongirl's breasts return to normal size. Later, she tells the other superheroes that she was just stuffing her bra. But she wasn't, she was just saying that to save them.
- Averted: Actiongirl in the comic book and the actress chosen to play in the movie both have the same realistically sized breasts.
- Enforced: "We can't find an actress with breasts as big as the character's. We'll just not worry about that."
- Lampshaded: "I thought your breasts were bigger before." "They were."
- Invoked: In the movie, Actiongirl decides to get a breast reduction in order to improve her fighting skills.
- Exploited: A Caustic Critic has it in for the director, and takes advantage of Fan Dumb and They Changed It, Now It Sucks by riling up idiot fans over the change in cup size.
- Defied: Casting directors specify that they want an actress with a large bust to play Actiongirl.
- Discussed: "Actiongirl, when you save the planet, everyone will call you a hero. Then they'll make a movie of you. But they'll probably pick an actress with too small of a chest..."
- Conversed: "How come they can never find an actress with breasts large enough to portray these characters properly?" "It's Actiongirl, dude. No actress on Earth has breasts that size."
- Deconstructed: Despite Actiongirl having large breasts in the comics there are a lot of female actresses in the real world who have those proportions as well, but they get overlooked because of the studios insistence on having a small breasted actress play the role.
- Reconstructed: The studio decided that the role should be given to the actress that plays the part the best and not just looks it. While this risked annoying fans who wanted the movie to be faithful to the adaptation, in the end things all worked out for the best when the actress who was most able to portray the implications of having large breasts was an actress with large breasts.
- Untwisted: The director hints that fans of Actiongirl's big bust will not be disappointed by the film. But the actress's breasts remain small.
Back to Big Bra to Fill