: The Hero
's friend turns to be the Big Bad
- Straight: Bob is ready to get some help from best friend Charlie, but he gets betrayed when it turns out he is the crime boss of his empire.
- Exaggerated: ALL of the hero's friends are bad guys.
- Downplayed: The Hero's casual acquaintance who appears a few times turns out to be the Big Bad.
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: The Villain Protagonist's friend turns out to be good.
- Subverted: Charlie seems to be the Big Bad, but was actually framed.
- Double Subverted: ... and then it turns out that Charlie only made it look like he was framed, and really was the Big Bad after all..
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- None of The Hero's friends turn out to be evil.
- Alternatively, The Hero doesn't have any friends to begin with.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Big Bad Friend