: A race of beings that lives in a eusocial society, like bees do.
- Straight: The Beeins live in a community divided into "workers" (young, sterile females who take care of whatever tasks need to be done), "drones" (males who live in a "harem" and whose only purpose is to mate with the queen), and a queen, who oversees the running of the community as well as breeding.
- The Beeins actually have bee-like traits, such as wings and stingers.
- The Beeins are actually a Hive Mind.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: that's how the Beeins evolved.
- The Beeins live in a very egalitarian society. There may not even be a formal ruler of any kind!
- The Beeins are ruled by a King, not a Queen.
- The Beeins vote for a president
- The queen helps out with some tasks, and the drones do indeed have more responsibility than just mating.
- There is more than one female capable of reproduction.
- Double Subverted:
- But the primary responsiblity of the queen and/or drones is breeding, which takes up most of their time and energy.
- The "virgin queens" or "princesses" fight one another until there's only one left, who must either a) oust or kill the current queen, b) leave and start her own community, or c) simply wait until the current queen dies.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: "What could be more of a Crapsack World (or, Depending on the Writer, a Utopia) than one where your entire life is mapped out for you, like a bee's life is?"
- Invoked: The Beeins have a very rigid social structure.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The Beeins decide to let everyone have a say, a chance to move up (or down) in society, and a chance to choose any career path, as well as anyone getting to breed.
- Discussed: "Just because we look like giant insects does not mean we live like them. You humans are all racists."
- Conversed: ???
Back to Bee People