: A normal girl is made over to be truly stunning.
- Straight: Hollywood Homely girl drops the glasses, takes down her hair, and becomes Hollywood beautiful.
- Exaggerated: Girl with a hunchback, hairlip, and no hair becomes Charlize Theron after a slight makeover.
- Downplayed: A few people notice our heroine's new appearance and some comment that she looks different. She may get a few people telling her that she looks nice but no big fuss is made over the change.
- Justified: The girl just doesn't care enough to clean herself up, so looks rather frumpy despite being physically attractive.
- The "ugly" girl shows the makeover-er just how beautiful "ugly" can be.
- A beautiful girl becomes ugly after a makeover.
- A girl puts on glasses, puts her hair up, dresses conservatively, and...whoa.
- Double Subverted: And yet, people think her new look is beautiful!
- Parodied: A Hollywood Homely girl is made over rather than the girl with a hunchback, hairlip, and no hair.
- Zig Zagged: See the Monday after almost any Prom.
- Averted: She gets the guy while never actually being made over.
- Enforced: See Unnecessary Makeover.
- Lampshaded: "What did you expect? That once my glasses were off I would turn into Winona Ryder?"
- Invoked: She makes herself over into the girl of her love's dreams...
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: She refuses every attempt to make her over.
- Discussed: "Sometimes, it is just as easy as letting your hair down."
- Conversed: "Gee, another teen movie where Rachel Leigh Cook wears prop glasses and a ponytail?"
- Reconstructed: See almost any Prom.
Take off the glasses, let down the hair, and become Beautiful All Along