Playing With: Badass Israeli
: An Israeli character who is a Badass
- Straight: Sgt. Avi Steinman is an excellent marksman, Krav Maga user, and helicopter pilot.
- Avi is a One-Man Army who wipes out terrorist groups, topples hostile governments, and goes toe-to-toe with entire armies on a daily basis.
- Avi is the Archangel Michael.
- Every Israeli baby's first word is "Uzi" instead of "Abba (Daddy)" or "Imma (Mommy)."
- Israel rules an interstellar empire without anyone else on the earth knowing about it.
- Israeli soldiers are well-trained and efficient at warfare but they are no better then any other nation that spends an equal amount of effort training their soldiers. They are respected, but not held in worshipful awe.
- While not Israeli, Avi Steinman is a religious Jew who has been to Israel several times. He is also a badass action hero.
- Justified: Because of Israel facing a large amount of hostility from both regional and international terrorist organizations and enemy states, its soldiers need to be very well trained.
- Inverted: Avi is a total weakling who runs at the sight of his own shadow.
- Gender Inverted: Rachel Lebowitz is an Action Girl.
- Subverted: Avi is a Jerkass who constantly harasses civilians at checkpoints, bulldozes people's houses, and helps settlers evict people. He has little fighting skills to speak of.
- Double Subverted: ...But then he Takes a Level in Badass, gets better and single-handedly saves an Israeli embassy from hostage-takers.
- Zig Zagged: Avi Steinman is an indestructible Badass, but the rest of Israelis with Infrared Missiles are portrayed as a mediocre Red Shirt Army. Except for Lt. Yarden, who is portrayed either as a Damsel in Distress, Faux Action Girl, or Action Girl. Then, Col. Alex Rosen comes to shake things up and the Israeli army becomes a Badass Army. But he's not even from Israel. Lt. Yarden is killed by a prematurely detonated mortar round when the actress playing her drops off the project. Then Steinman suffers from Badass Decay but manages to keep functioning as an Action Survivor.
- Averted: Avi is a Non-Action Guy.
- Enforced: "...and we need an Israeli to round off our Multinational Badass Crew."
- Lampshaded: "Are Israelis always this tough?"
- Invoked: Avi's father made him move to Israel and join the IDF to toughen him up.
- Exploited: "Lets ride El Al next time we fly. We should be safe from hijacking there."
- Defied: "Not every Israeli devotes all their time to learning how to kill people, you know!"
- Discussed: "These soldiers are Israeli, so they'll know Krav Maga."
- Conversed: "Have you ever noticed how people from Israel always seem to be badass?"
- Reconstructed: In the face of increasing criticism toward Israel's militant policies, Avi charges in with a machinegun to kick some old-fashioned terrorist ass.
Back to Badass Israeli