An old man (or woman) who has serious butt-kicking capabilities, even if they're rarely shown.
- Straight: Grandpa Bob usually settles for giving boring lectures of his Glory Days, but when the chips are down, he defends his home from twenty intruders without breaking a sweat or losing his dentures.
- Exaggerated: Grandpa Bob is always stealing the show during big fights, to the point that his grandchildren are getting embarrassed.
- Downplayed: Grandpa Bob can be relied on to provide support in a fight. Then again, even he knows when he's outmatched.
- Justified: Grandpa Bob spent over fifty years as a career soldier. How do you think he lived so long?
- Subverted: Grandpa Bob is still full of grits, guts, and fighting spirit — but that's mostly bluster, as sometimes he forgets where he is, and his physical strength ain't what it used to be.
- Double Subverted: The family talk is that Grandpa Bob's let himself go to seed, just takin' up book learning... but he's been studying magic, and is pretty good at it.
- Parodied: Grandpa Bob commands an army of senior citizens against The Legions of Hell.
- Zig-Zagged: Somedays Grandpa Bob is just a senile old man, others he's the most dangerous man alive.
- Averted: Grandpa Bob, though a mighty fighter in his old days, has dwindled in strength and skill, and the family is sure to keep him away from any danger.
- Enforced: "See this old guy? He needs to get some of the spotlight, show where The Hero gets his skill from."
- "How is this guy so strong?! He's like, what, eighty?"
- "Hernia acting up again, grampa?" "...Yep. Gotta stop pickin' the punks up an' throwin' 'em..."
- Invoked: Over the decades, Grandpa keeps himself in fighting shape, just because he knows a war is coming, sooner or later.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Grandpa retired from combat years ago, sick of the bloodshed. He hasn't trained a day since.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Being a badass is all nice and well but there's a price. How much time did it take for Grandpa Bob to become badass? How hard is it to stay that way as time goes on? Fame as a badass attracts challengers and that's a lot of headaches for Grandpa Bob and his grandkids over the years.
- Reconstructed: But hey, Grandpa Bob is badass. He can deal with it.
Back to Badass Grandpa