Playing With: Babies Ever After
: A Happily Ever After
situation made more heartwarming with babies.
- Straight: After defeating the Wicked Witch and securing peace in Troperia, Bob marries his Love Interest Alice. It's later revealed that they had three children afterward.
- Alice and Bob have lots and lots of children.
- Every single non-evil character ends up getting married and having children.
- Alice and Bob become great-grandparents.
- Alice and Bob have or adopt one child.
- The story ends with Alice revealing to Bob that she is pregnant, but we don't see what their children actually look like.
- Alice gets pregnant, but miscarries.
- They have a child, Charles. He dies young.
- Alice gets pregnant and falls ill shortly after. The chance of Death by Childbirth is high, and the ending gets more bittersweet.
- Double Subverted:
- They try for children again, and this time, they succeed.
- Correction: Charles Disney Dies young.
- Alice gets cured in time and gives birth to healthy twins. Alice, Bob, Charles, and Charlotte live happily ever after.
- Alice and Bob don't have children, but somehow their weapons do.
- Bob tells people how he defeated the evil witch with help from Alice, but nobody thinks he is a true hero because he and Alice don't have kids.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob get married, but don't have children.
- Lampshaded: "I saw Alice with her newborn baby a few days ago. Wasn't Alice the girl that helped Bob save us all from that witch?"
- Invoked: Alice's or Bob's parents say "I Want Grandkids" now that Troperia is safe.
- Exploited: In the sequel, the new Big Bad kidnaps their children and uses them as bait.
- Allice thinks Children Are a Waste. She tells Bob that she isn't going to have children, and if Bob doesn't agree with that, he has to find an other girl.
- The witch rendered Alice and Bob infertile before they killed her.
- Discussed: "So, Bob, do you want children?"
- Conversed: "Is there any "Happily Ever After" ending that doesn't end with babies?"
- Implied: At the very end, Alice's stomach is fatter than before, implying that she could be pregnant. She says nothing, but winks at the audience.
- Deconstructed: Alice and Bob may be great heroes, but they become horrible parents.
- Reconstructed: They take parenting classes before their children are born so they know how to be good parents.
Back to Babies Ever After