: A character strikes a flashy combat pose before/during a Fight Scene
- Straight: Supertroper strikes a pose, his feet apart and arms crossed in a stylized "T" in front of him.
- Exaggerated: Supertroper engages in a sequence of flurrying moves which lead into the pose, possibly with visual effects such as flashes of light, sparks or smoke. And sound effects.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Emperor Evulz isn't familiar with martial arts, and Supertroper hopes to demoralize his opponent into surrendering without a fight.
- Victory Pose
- Alternatively: Supertroper actually makes an effort to slouch and appear less prepared than normal if he's about to enter a fight.
- Subverted: Supertroper strikes a pose, and Emperor Evulz promptly punches him out.
- Double Subverted: But Supertroper performs an Unnecessary Combat Roll, lands on his feet and quickly counterattacks.
- Supertroper and Emperor Evulz spend the entire confrontation striking Ass Kicking Poses, and never actually follow through with an attack.
- For added parody value, the above can degenerate into using dance moves and/or model poses.
- Zig Zagged: When faced with an enemy, Supertroper strikes an impressive pose in order to hide the fact that he actually has no skill in combat. However, the foe attacks anyway, not intimidated by this. But the enemy can't fight either, so a slap-fight ensues, in which Supertroper is the victor because of his Ass Kicking Pose's distraction value.
- Averted: Supertroper does not strike any sort of pose while fighting.
- Enforced: "Have Supertroper strike an Ass Kicking Pose in this next panel. It'll make him look totally badass and will make a great poster!"
- Lampshaded: "Nice pose. Now, can you fight?"
- Invoked: "Everybody knows I can't fight unless I go in looking like a Bad Ass!"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Whenever it even looks like Supertroper is about to strike a pose, Emperor Evulz pre-emptively attacks, forcing the hero to maintain a more defensive posture.
- Discussed: "You can Wax On, Wax Off all you want; I'm still kicking your ass!"
- Conversed: "These characters like Supertroper, they always strike a flashy pose whenever they get into a fight. It's in the comic book credo."
- Deconstructed: Supertroper's poses are visually flashy but tend to leave him improperly balanced. Emperor Evulz studies his moves and learns of this weakness, and routinely defeats Supertroper in combat.
- Reconstructed: Supertroper learns new moves which are combat-functional as well as visually impressive.
- Played For Laughs: Supertroper's poses are visually silly looking, i.e. his legs are crossed and his arms akimbo and at odd angles... but it still works.
Strike an Ass Kicking Pose