: A person from somewhere in the Middle East who has a lot of wealth from their investments in oil.
- Straight: Bob invests in oil from his home country of Tropestan. He is able to afford luxury cars and has lots of beautiful women by his side.
- Exaggerated: Because of his wealth, he was able to buy the entire country of Tropestan and become its sultan.
- Bob is a mid level manager of an oil company, and makes about as much as a doctor or lawyer.
- Oil was merely Bob's source of "seed money". His successful industrialization of the country is what makes him wealthy long after the oil drys up.
- Justified: Oil is a precious commodity, so investing in it is a shrewd move if you want to get wealthy.
- Inverted: Investing in oil makes Bob poor.
- Subverted: Investing in oil doesn't give Bob ridiculous amounts of money.
- Double Subverted:
- But investing in Applied Phlebotinum (which everyone is switching over to) does.
- Alternatively, he is married or related to someone whose investments have really paid off...and leaves it all to him.
- Parodied: Everyone at the oil company, indeed all of Tropestan, is like this.
- Zig Zagged: Some Tropestani oil-investors become wealthy, others do not.
- Averted: Bob does not become wealthy from investing in Tropestani oil companies.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Wow! Tropestani oil is worth gazillions!"
- Invoked: Bob hears from his friend talking about oil investments.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob doesn't want to invest in oil, because a) it doesn't last forever b) it is a pollutant and c) lots of people are fighting over it.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
back to Arab Oil Sheikh