: A fan refuses to believe a pairing will be canon, even if it gets lots of Ship Tease
- Straight: Charlie the fan doesn't believe Alice and Bob will become the Official Couple, preferring to ship Denise and Bob.
- Exaggerated: Charlie still thinks this way even after Alice/Bob becomes the Official Couple.
- Downplayed: While there's no evidence in canon that Alice and Bob like each, Word of God says that they'll eventually get together. Despite this, Charlie still pairs Bob and Denise, which, at the moment, actually has a tiny bit of basis in the canon.
- Carol and Bob are Charlie's favorite characters. He also has a dim view of Alice.
- Alice/Bob becoming canon would be too controversial because of their vast age difference, Bob raped Alice or vice-versa, one of them abuses the other, etc. So Charlie thinks that all the Ship Tease is either done for shock value or accidental.
- Inverted: Shipping Goggles
- Subverted: Charlie prefers Denise/Bob, but accepts Alice/Bob's canonization...
- Double Subverted: ...because he wants to talk about how Edith/Frank is totally not canon and Frank will almost certainly get together with Carol.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Charlie moves on to shipping Alice/Bob when it becomes canon.
- Enforced: "We want to make this Loony Fan look stupid. Hey, how about we make him refuse to acknowledge the blatantly obvious Official Couple?"
- Lampshaded: "Come on, Charlie. Alice and Bob are getting together and you know it."
- Invoked: Charlie is a Troll trying to piss off Alice/Bob shippers.
- Exploited: A pro-Alice/Bob Troll spams Charlie's inbox with messages about how he's a total dumbass for shipping Denise/Bob.
- Defied: "No, I'm not an idiot who won't accept Alice/Bob's canonization, what gave you that idea?"
- Discussed: "Why do you think Charlie won't accept Alice/Bob's canonization?"
- Conversed: "There are a lot of crazy fans on TV who don't accept canon pairings, aren't there?"
Back to Anti-Shipping Goggles