: A character has ice- and/or snow-based powers.
- Straight: Magical Girl Warrior Yuki has the innate ability to freeze objects, whether through touch, frost breath, or a freeze beam. However, she is susceptible to fire-based attacks.
- Exaggerated: Yuki can freeze over the sun without even breaking a sweat.
- Downplayed: Yuki can cool down hot matter to about room temperature.
- Justified: Yuki was granted magical powers, or she is of a particular species (e.g. alien, mutant, yuki-onna) for whom such abilities are natural.
- Inverted: Kaji can set objects on fire at will.
- Subverted: Yuki says she's going to freeze the food, but places it in the freezer.
- Double Subverted: Which is powered by her own ice powers.
- Parodied: Yuki and her Love Interest are making out, and his tongue gets stuck to her.
- Zig Zagged: Yuki freezes matter by absorbing heat - which she can then project
- Averted: Nobody has snow or ice powers whatsoever.
- Enforced: "We've got someone with fire and someone with lightning, so lets give Yuki ice."
- Lampshaded: "That's pretty cool, but can you chill out on all the puns?"
- Invoked: Yuki injects herself with a Super Serum that gives her the ability to manipulate ice.
- The bad guys arm themselves with flamethrowers and Molotov cocktails because they know about Yuki.
- A bad guy makes a big show of living in a snowy palace surrounded by ice and polar bears, and then breaks out the water powers when the fire-based heroes show up.
- Defied: Kaji goes around hunting and killing anyone with ice abilities.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "How is it that whenever Yuki freezes someone, they don't suffer from frostbite or any other adverse effects?"
- Deconstructed: Anything that Yuki touches freezes, isolating her from her loved ones.
- Reconstructed: She finds a way to control her powers, such as wearing specialized gloves, to counteract the freezing touch.
Back to An Ice Person