Playing With: Amusing Injuries
: A character's injuries are played for laughs.
- Straight: Alice beats Bob up for an Accidental Pervert moment. He's seen in bandages for the next few scenes, but it's never taken seriously and things are back to normal shortly afterward.
- Alice beats Bob to the brink of death for being an Accidental Pervert. He spends the next scene with crutches and covered in bandages and such, but the scene is intended to be funny, and after that, he's fine.
- Bloody Hilarious
- Downplayed: Bob simply gets a cut on his finger, but everyone still thinks it's funny.
- Justified: Bob is immortal. Everyone around him is used to it, and so his injuries are never taken seriously.
- Whenever Bob receives medicine and healing, it is played for laughs.
- Bob get a seemingly minor cut on his finger, and Alice desparately calls for an ambulance. And the whole thing is Played for Drama.
- Subverted: When Bob is injured at first, the circumstances seem silly, but then we see him hospitalized and obviously in pain for a while.
- Double Subverted: ...Except that he's only in the hospital for five minutes of the episode, after which he's running around and getting comical injuries once more.
- Parodied: Alice beats and shoots Bob to the brink of death, doesn't understand why she's getting arrested and everyone is horrified and thinks she lost her mind. Carrol asks what the hell was she thinking being so cavalier with violence.
- Zig Zagged: Some injuries are played for laughs, some aren't, some seem to be both at once. There is no real pattern within the show.
- Averted: Bob's injuries are treated seriously, both by other characters and the show itself, and take time to heal.
- Enforced: "This is a cartoon, we can't have characters going through all that suffering and angst over their wounds! Still, the villain has to hurt them somehow, to help him seem evil- let's play those injuries for laughs!"
- Lampshaded: "Ow, my small intestine! ...It'll be fine in a few minutes, it always is."
- Invoked: Bob doesn't want other characters worrying about him, so he pretends not to treat his injury seriously and tries to get rid of the bandages, crutches, etc. as soon as possible.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Heh... heh... man, that was funny..." "No it wasn't! She nearly killed me! What's her issue?"
- Discussed: "Oh no, Bob's hurt again!" "Haha, don't worry. He'll be fine in a few minutes. It's not like anyone's injuries are ever taken seriously here."
- Conversed: "Bob dies all the time!"
- Because Bob heals so soon from his injuries and everyone just treats them as some kind of joke, he goes into a deep depression, realizing he's fated to be constantly injured by his friends for the rest of his life.
- Alternatively, Alice feels so guilty for causing such injuries to Bob that she becomes depressed.
- Reconstructed: ...But then he gets over it, because at least he never dies from anything, right?
"Ha ha ha! Those are some Amusing Injuries!"