: Characters with Plain Names
live alongside characters with weird names.
- Straight: Joe has friends including both Kunashi and Billy.
- Exaggerated: Joe has a friend named Bulx'a7ʘahshi and another called Bob.
- Some names are a bit more exotic than others. Joe has friends with names like Stefan and Madeline.
- Odd Name Out
- The village has lots of people with names like Kunashi or Watashi, but there is that one Joe.
- Theme Naming
- Subverted: Joe's name is short for Joznaku...
- Double Subverted: ... But Joznaku is the local transliteration of Joseph.
- Parodied: Joe and his friend n!qgamnognx'klxoqaidrothʘnotha7akloʘ̃ nayrethonothaeogijsifngirsifkbnjrsghtsgbngt live in the same secluded village, and no one notices the contrast.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Joe has a friend with a name that isn't particularly unusual.
- Everybody has either a strange name or a normal name.
- Enforced: The head writer thinks that Kunashi is a cool name.
- Lampshaded: Joe and Kunashi often get asked whether they even came from the same country whenever they go on a trip to someplace else together.
- Invoked: Joe and Kunashi's parents introduce them to each other to help them grow into tolerant human beings to help build the global community.
- Exploited: As a weird way of helping their neighbors, Kunashi's parents gave their daughter that name in order to help the other children with their pronounciation issues.
- Defied: Although her parents do discuss giving their daughter a strange name like Kunashi, they decide to screw it and call her Alice instead.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Kunashi is made fun of because no one can pronounce his name. Later he and his family are purged from the village.
- Reconstructed: Kunashi and his family are accepted because the community believes diversity is good.
Back to Aerith and Bob