: Eating too much before bed gives a character nightmares.
- Straight: Bob eats too much spicy food before bed and has horrible nightmares.
- Exaggerated: Bob eats a single M&M before bed and has a horrible nightmare that lasts the rest of the series.
- Downplayed: Bob eats a little too much before bedtime has a mildly weird dream.
- Justified: The spice on Bob's food has hallucinogenic properties, which start affecting Bob once he falls asleep.
- Inverted: Eating before bed gives Bob good dreams.
- Subverted: Bob eats too much before bed, and dreams about monsters, but the monsters quickly turn into hot girls.
- Double Subverted:: ...But it turns out he's afraid of hot girls!
- Parodied: ???
- Zigzagged: Bob eats too much before bed. His dreams alternate between being good or bad.
- Averted: Bob does not have any nightmares.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Bob wants a weird dream so he eats as crazily as possible trying to get a crazy dream.
- Exploited: Alice wants to ruin Bob's sleep, so she adds extra spice into his supper knowing it will give him bad dreams.
- Defied: Bob doesn't eat anything before bed in order to avoid any potential nightmares.
- Discussed: "Bob always has a bad dream after eating too many jalapenos."
- Conversed: "I remember having a dream like that after eating too much Havarti before bed."
Are you gonna eat all that?!
Watch out! You don't wanna get an Acid Reflux Nightmare