A Super Prototype
, except it's a modification built upon the original.
- Straight: Rad Anderson pilots a customized Armed Porte, with a different paintjob and 1.3 times more speed.
- Every pilot has their own unique version of the Armed Porte.
- Rad's Armed Porte has weaponry which can eliminate a planet, much better than the mere machine gun the standard model has.
- Downplayed: Rad's Armed Porte has a few special features, but is hardly different.
- Rad is or knows a gadgeteer who improves the specs on his Armed Porte.
- Rad is a commander or ace who's been given special permission to make his own modifications.
- Rad's Armed Porte is heavily damaged and beyond repair, giving it less capable abilities than a standard model.
- Super Prototype: The production model is much worse than the prototype.
- Subverted: Rad's Armed Porte as a cool paint job, but actually has worse performance than the stock model.
- Double Subverted: ...or so he tells the bad guys. Rad's Armed Porte really is better than the stock model.
- Parodied: Rad's Armed Porte has a minibar. No way you're going to find that in a standard model.
- Zig-Zagged: Rad's Armed Porte is faster than the stock model, but only because the armor has been stripped to the bare minimum. Or there's some other tradeoff involved.
- Averted: Rad's Armed Porte is the same kind as the others, down to the color scheme.
- Enforced: "Different variations of the same mecha allow us to sell more copies of the same model-kit. Genius!"
- Lampshaded: "How is he moving so fast? It's only an Armed Porte!"
- Invoked: The Empire wants to give its best officers a way to stay alive for much longer.
- Exploited: The enemy forces put a bounty on Rad's head and are able to recognize him due to his Porte's alterations.
- Defied: The company decides not to give The Empire an enhancement in their Armed Porte unit.
- Discussed: "Armed Porte Command Type. 33% greater thrust output, much more high-performing weaponry."
- Conversed: "Well, I guess that's a new model of the same dang mech."
- Deconstructed: It's much more expensive to put out the Armed Porte Command Type, and even then they are eventually outdone by Troperion Zero in the first place.
- Reconstructed: However, at some point, it becomes more profitable to create the Command Type, so all units upgrade to that, while Rad sticks to a new Sub Vertigo unit.
Fly back to Ace Custom
in your personal Armed Porte.