- Straight: Alice often calls Bella "Becky."
- Exaggerated: ...or "Bobbi," or "Briar," or "Betsy," or "Bob," or "Carly..."
- Downplayed: Alice calls Bella "Belle," or something else that is close to her actual name, but still isn't.
- Alice and Bella have only met once before, very briefly.
- Alice is The Ditz.
- Inverted: Bella is undercover and uses the fake name Carol. Alice, the only person who knows that Bella is undercover, keeps calling her Bella instead of Carol by mistake.
Alice: The point is... I really do like you, Bella.
- After three seasons of calling Bella "Becky..."
Bella: You finally got my name right!
- Alice likes Bella, and is showing it through friendly teasing.
- Double Subverted:
Alice: Yeah, this once.
Bella: You're still gonna call me "Becky," aren't you?
Alice: Of course, Becky.
- Alice meant to call Bella "Betsy".
- Parodied: No one can get Bella's name right. Not even her mother or the narrators.
- Zig Zagged: Whether or not Alice gets Bella's name right depends on whether or not she's distracted, whether or not she and Bella are fighting, etc.
- Averted: No one gets Bella's name wrong.
- Enforced: The creators use this trope as a Running Gag in an otherwise serious show.
- Lampshaded: "Would it kill her to get my name right, just once?"
- Invoked: Alice doesn't like Bella.
- Exploited: Whenever Alice gets Bella's name wrong, Bella uses the opportunity to mock Alice's intelligence, embarassing Alice in the process.
- Defied: Alice calls Bella "Becky," but after Bella corrects her, she makes an effort to remember her name next time.
Carly: You do realize that's not her name, right?
Alice: It isn't?
- Conversed: "Poor Bella. I wonder if they'll ever Throw the Dog a Bone and have someone get her name right."
- Deconstructed: Bella likes Alice and wants to be her friend, but takes the fact that Alice always calls her "Becky" as a sign that Alice dislikes her.
- Reconstructed: Alice's friend Carly explains to Bella that Alice is kind of a ditz, and actually likes Bella a lot, and certainly doesn't mean any offense by it.
- Played For Laughs: Alice forgetting Bella's name is a Running Gag.
- Played For Drama: Bella is Driven to Suicide.
Back to Accidental Nismaning.