Playing With: All-Loving Hero
: A supremely good person
who has unlimited kindness and compassion for others.
- Straight: Alice is sweet, kind and forgiving of everyone.
- Exaggerated: Purity Sue
- Downplayed: Alice is a Nice Girl.
- Double Subverted:
- Whatever her past misdeed was, it still made her into a genuinely good person today who has learned how to be able to love anyone and everyone. This includes Alice herself - the process became complete once she was able to forgive herself for her past long after her friends had stopped holding it against her.
- The bitchiness was just a nasty rumour her enemies spread.
- Alice suffers Bad Dreams as a result of her choice because she did care about the people of the city. She wanted to Take a Third Option and save them both but couldn't think of it in time. In the end she put on a brave face for her friend but inside, she thought, "I Should Have Been Better".
- Alice experiences Character Development and performs an Act Of True Love for one of four subjects.
- Parodied: Alice has Fertile Feet and flowers spring up wherever she walks. Heavenly harp music plays everywhere she goes. She can make the most vicious person repent and become The Atoner with nothing but a "Now now, behave yourself."
- Zig Zagged: Alice is revealed to act like an All-Loving Hero because she's atoning for past wrongdoings, but it turns out to be just a rumour. Then she starts being a Manipulative Bitch towards her friends, so they assume she's not so nice after all, until they find out it's actually one of her enemies impersonating her to ruin her reputation. Her enemies' treatment of her causes her to become cynical, but she remains a kind and caring person deep down.
- Averted: Alice is a decent person, but does not love everyone and holds grudges.
- The creators want the protagonist to be someone whose easy to root for. What better then a guy who is all forgiving and all loving?
- The creators are worried that if the protagonist is too much of an Anti-Hero, Moral Guardians will complain about the show.
- Lampshaded: "You can't help but be Alice's friend. She just has that effect on people."
- Invoked: Alice becomes this to prove that Good Is Not Dumb.
- Exploited: A Manipulative Bastard uses Alice's good nature against her and turns her into an Unwitting Pawn.
- Defied: Alice thinks Good Is Dumb and refuses to become like this.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Even though she's unable to move past bad blood with some people, she remains friendly to them.
- Alice is suffering under the pressure when her friends say You Are Not Alone and shoulder part of the load, saying she inspired them to help.
- Played For Drama:
Back to All-Loving Hero
, and don't forget that I care about you and everyone else!