Represent, and accessorize.
Pimped Out Dresses
- American Girls Collection does this with the holiday dresses, since these are supposed to be formal outfits.
- Barbie has easily one of the biggest collection of pimped out dresses of any fictional character ever. The line even has collection sets just for making nothing but more pimped out dresses. Some random ones include:
- Hollywood Cast Party is a red dress with a narrow underskirt, overskirt that has lots of draping fabric, and a red feather stole.
- The Siren is a black dress with pink ruffled petticoats, Opera Gloves, and a white fur stole.
- Angel of Joy is a white dress with white embroidery, ruffled green underskirt, gauze hanging sleeves, and red and gold ribbons trimming the waist and sleeves.
- Goddess of the Galaxy is an almost Raygun Gothic dress with a metal bustier, black and silver Showgirl Skirt that becomes gauze and silver at the bottom, and a black and silver striped coat with a flared collar.
- Empress Bride is a Fairytale Wedding Dress with a gauze underdress, lots of gold decorations, and pearls hanging like tassels from the overskirt.
- Queen of Sapphires is a blue dress with lots of bunched fabric, gauze petticoat, and the gauze overskirt attached to the wrist like a stole.
- The Queen of Hearts designer dress is a red dress covered with sequins, a red cape trimmed with sequins and has a heart-shaped collar, and a red heart headdress with sequins and feathers.
- The Queen of Hearts dress in Alice in Wonderland style is red with lots of designs over the underdress in the playing card style, gold trimming and heart decorations on the overdress, High Collar of Doom, white fur hem and cuffs, gold crown, and she is holding a croquet flamingo.
- Holiday Jewel is a green dress with a red skirt, gold decorations trimming the cuffs, collar, and skirt, but almost covering the bodice, and has Giant Poofy Sleeves.
- Specifically, the Happy Holidays line includes:
- 1988 is a red dress with loads of poofy glittery gauze on the skirt and sleeves, effectively making the latter into Giant Poofy Sleeves. There is also a white Giant Waist Ribbon on the front of the dress, and a large white hair bow.
- 1989 is a white dress with a gauzy underskirt, beaded trim on the neckline, white fur trim on the overskirt, and a white fur stole.
- 1990 is a pink dress of ruffled glittery gauze, but of a different cut than the 1988 dress. The sleeves are large, but flare out rather than puff. The skirt is also more like a wavy spiral of layers than several tiers of gauze.
- 1991 is a green velvet dress with a beaded bodice and beads on the Giant Poofy Sleeves and hair ribbon.
- 1992 is silver with giant poofy sleeves, gauze overskirt, and jewelry hanging like icicles on the bodice and sleeves.
- 1993 is a red dress with a gold beaded bodice, skirt of glittery gauze and gold edging, and the sleeves are made of large red bows.
- 1994 is a gold dress with white faux fur trimming the skirt and shoulders, a petticoat with gold embroidery flowers, jewels down the front of the bodice, sprigs of holly at the front of the shoulder fur pieces, and a headband of wrapping gold, green, and red beads.
- 1995 is a greed dress with glitter decorations in the shape of holly, puff sleeves, a huge white collar laid flat and has holly decoration, a white tiered lace petticoat, and a red ribbon at the front of the waist that has a large silver flower over it.
- 1996 is a burgundy dress with gold trimming, jewels down the front of the bodice, ruffled tiered gold petticoat, white fur trimming on the cuffs and collar, and a white fur muff and hat.
- 1997 is a white dress with a red overdress mostly made of large ribbons trimming the skirt and making the sleeves. The ribbons, skirt and bodice, all have a line in the center of lace with gold glitter. The ribbons also have gold edging. It's topped by a gold tiara.
- 1998 is a black velvet dress with diamonds on the skirt made to look like shooting stars (lines of small jewels with large jewels at the end), more diamonds speckling the bodice, and diamonds laid out in a diamond pattern on the belt and cuffs. The dress is topped with a large pink stole and jeweled tiara.
- 1999 Holiday Treasures is a red dress with jewels in the middle of silver lines in a diamond pattern, lace trimming, puff sleeves, ribbons on the sleeves, and a white petticoat.
- 2000 Holiday Treasures is a green dress with a red underskirt, gold decorations on the skirt, gold ribbons and lace on the top, gauze on the collar and sleeves, and a red ribbon wrapping just below the neckline.
- 2001 Holiday Teasures is a blue dress with the overskirt bunched up asymmetrically, the right overskirt being trimmed with white fur, and a white underskirt with silver snowflakes decorating it.
- 2000 Celebration is a gold dress with a white fur collar, gauze overskirt, white lace petticoat, gold necklace, and gold tiara.
- 2001 Holiday Celebration is a white dress with silver starts all over the skirt, gauze sleeves, a white fur stole with red lining, and a silver tiara.
- 2002 Holiday Celebration is a dusty rose dress with a glittery large ribbon at the front of the waist, a light pink bodice with dark pink brocade, and a collar of puffed and bunched fabric draped like a stole.
- The 2004 Holiday dress is either pink with the Caucasian doll, or green with the African American doll. Both have beaded trimming on the skirt, brocade on the bodice, flared sleeves, and lace shoulder straps.
- 2005 Holiday is white with glittery silver streaks, gauzy green underdress, a giant green ribbon with silver edging wrapping around the dress, a pink jewel holding the ribbon at the bow, and a flare of white gauze at the left shoulder.
- 2006 Holiday is a black velvet dress with gold trimming, starts made of jewels all over it, and a white fur hem and collar.
- 2007 Holiday is a red velvet dress with black lace trimming, red satin underskirt, belt with a jeweled buckle, opera gloves, white fur edging the overskirt, and a white fur headband.
- 2010 Holiday is a white dress with red brocade on the bodice a red ribbon around the waist, and a long red stole wrapped like a jacket.
- 2011 Holiday is a green dress with gold lining, gold underskirt, and swirling gold decorations with diamonds studding parts of the swirls.
- The Winter Princess line includes:
- Winter Princess is a dark blue velvet dress with a sliver petticoat, blue rose decorations, and white fur collar, cuffs, muff, and headband.
- Peppermint Princess is a red dress with the underskirt having red and white stripes, a gold flower on the left of the overskirt, and white fur trimming the skirt, collar, and a white fur headband.
- Jewel Princess is a red dress with a plaid skirt, jewels down the front of the bodice, and white fur trimming and muff.
- Midnight Princess is a black dress with gold petticoat, multicolored ribbons with gold edging, gold decorations on the cuffs and bodice, gauze making half the top, and lots of jewelry studs.
- Evergreen Princess is a green dress with lots of gold trimming.
- Hello Kitty has some, either worn by Kitty, or as part of the merchandise, including Fairytale Wedding Dresses (seen here).
- While the show She Ra Princess Of Power has some (including her main dress), the toyline has the most examples of pimped dresses.