- In Kyon: Big Damn Hero, Mikuru made a pimped out Gothic Lolita dress for Tsuruya to wear in a single day.
- All of Zelda's outfits in the game mod Hyrule: Total War fall into this, whether it's her canonical dress◊, a pink and white mini dress◊ with a large red jewel on her belt and on her collar, or a blue and white dress◊ with a heavily ornamented belt and blue jewel.
- Nalanda's wardrobe in Jedi Padme Trilogy is just as elaborate as all of Amidala's fancy clothes in the movies.
- In Meeting Someone New, a The Hobbit fanfic, Dís forces Kíli to wear a fancy tunic with embroidery, and all sorts of bling in his hair for a special occasion. He is very grumpy about it.
- In RainbowDoubleDash's Lunaverse, Princess Luna is noted to wear absolutely fabulous, sparkly, and gorgeous dresses to the noble balls as a way of showing off her wealth, power, and artistic taste. Except when she decides to set it all aside to give her Deadly Decadent Court a message about failing to uphold their duties to the common pony.
- Lydia makes one of these for herself for her senior prom in Cinderjuice. Because she's Lydia, it's adorned with sparkling black beadwork designed to look like bats and cobwebs.