Theater and Spectacle
The deities here have taken Shakespeare's famous words to heart, and shaped their entire world into the form of a stage. In addition to the most well engineered stage, the Theater also boasts the best orchestra in the multiverse, seating that accommodate entire planetary populations, a high tech and efficient backstage management system, and the best stage ninjas. They also have a direct line with the library in the House of Knowledge, giving them access to every single play in existence. Most of the time, their performances are sold out on the first day and are forced to resort to standing room only to accommodate everyone.
The Theater deities once attempted to do a full performance of The King in Yellow
with "mixed" results. Suffice to say, the lead actor in that particular play now goes by the nickname "The Joker".
Due to the power of stories on the Pantheon as a whole, a disproportionate number of members are also members of the Main House. Tread lightly.
Please note the following, though:
- Dream of the Endless, Prince of Stories was once a member of this pantheon, but ascended before time (and, yes, thereby before the existence of this pantheon... deal with it) resides in (some say lead) the Main House.
- There is also God of Humorously Revised Subtitles but due to his base persona and what he goes through, he permanently resides among The Fallen.
- There is already a designated Master of the Pre-Mortem One-Liner, but due to his threat levels among lower- and equal-ranked deities, was advised not to enter this house. He currently resides in the House of War.
The following house have been divided accordingly as well:
The Master of Theater
The Head of the House of Theater
William Shakespeare, God of Poetry, Theater and Melodrama
(He who did it First, The Troperus Maximus, The Bard of Avon, Caster of Red
- Greater God
- Symbol: A pair of Tragedy-and-Comedy Masks.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Poetry, Stage Plays, Olde English, Tragedy, Comedy, Being Ahead of His Time.
- Domains: Theater, Knowledge, Craft.
- Follower: Oscar Wilde (except on Uncyclopedia).
- If someone, somewhere, has used a trope idea in a popular literary work, chances are This Guy beat them to the punch a long time ago.
- A great entertainer, his works have been shown daily in the Pantheon for the last three hundred years.
- The only known possible challenger to his title is Sophocles, but the Greek playwright had to admit Shakespeare's had the advantage in name recognition. Today they're said to be working together on an adaptation of the Great Pantheon War.
- Jack and Annie once visited him in the past, and played as fairies in "A Midsummer's Night Dream". When William found the two in the Pantheon, he asked if they could be on hand to act in a few more plays for him. Both graciously agreed to help.
- Is delighted that Romeo and Juliet were able to make it to the Pantheon.
Hata no Kokoro, Goddess of Masks
, has a small stage built for her so that she can perform her noh theatre acts here.