of Technology has a rather drab, beige, boring, boxy exterior, the only departure being the ReCAPTCHAs that act as the doors. Inside, everything is scaled so that Humongous Mecha
can have full access to the entire house, a courtesy that Transformers are rather appreciative of. This does have the side effect of making the place seem really huge to human-sized gods, and sometimes makes it difficult for them to navigate (Elevators, for instance, have buttons twenty-one feet off the floor). Some or all of the House itself is sentient, and not just because of the AIs within it.
Computer towers line the walls, humming purposefully as they maintain virtual intelligence. Hologram emitters and monitors are literally everywhere, and in places blinking lights and switches adorn the walls. It's extremely futuristic. There are several maintenance bays which also serve as good workshops not unlike those of the House of Craft.
There are two sides to this House - the mechanical side and the virtual side. Gamer gods link the two sides together - they have little power in the mechanical side and the rest of the Pantheon, and much more in Pantheonic cyberspace. The virtual realm is new territory, only very recently opened. It's not disassociated from nonvirtual reality, but it's not the same, either.
With the inauguration of the House of Gaming
, this house is now located side-to-side with each other.
, although he is allowed into the Pantheon, has been emphatically banned from ever stepping within seven hundred yards of this house. Some believe that if the Fallen are to get revenge, they will need to teleport him into it to disable the majority of the occupants.
is also banned from this house after he was caught trying to rectify some of the robots. Penelope Mouse
is also banned, but only temporary due to a three-strike rule.
open/close all folders
The Wizard Triad of Technology
Lain Iwakura, Ruler of the Internet
(Lady of the Wired)
- Symbol: The Navi OS logon screen
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Cyberpunk, The Internet, Mind Screws, Obtuse Metaphors, Traffic, Telephone Poles, The Present Day, Split Personalities, Deletion of Existence
- Domains: Artifice, Celerity, Community, Dream, Knowledge, Mysticism
- Followers: Yui Kasuga (Corrector Yui; also follows Sakura of the Magical Girl seat), Hana Gitelman (Heroes), The Virtual Adepts (Mage: The Ascension) and a small sect of the Free Council (Mage: The Awakening )
- Allies: Lan Hikari, John Carmack, IF
- Enemies: Arfoire, Dr. Weil
- Ascended to her spot in the Pantheon in mere microseconds, thanks to her overarching command of the "Information Superhighway" and the "Series of Tubes". No trucks, please. Al Gore and Ted Stevens contest her ascension.
- Has had quite a few discussions with Naoki Kashima on the nature of human society. Being that he's one of the few people who doesn't bug her for connections to the best the 'Tubes have to offer (at least...not as much as most), she tends to hang out with him a goodly amount of the time.
- Also likes to chat with Motoko Kusanagi and the Laughing Man, on the rare occasions they decide to log on at the same time. If Naoki's there too...well, the conversation will require a high-speed online encyclopedia and external memory devices to keep track.
Autochthon, the Great Maker
, The King of All Craftsmen
- Symbol: Six stylized gears representing Orichalcum, Moonsilver, Starmetal, Jade, Soulsteel, and Adamant
- Alignment: Somewhere between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Absolute Mastery of Craftsmanship, Technological Divinities, Sufficiently Analyzed Magic, Being a World Unto Himself, The Magical Materials, Order and Efficiency, Steampunk Aesthetics
- Domains: Artifice, Craft, Creation, Knowledge, Law, Mechanus, Metal
- Allies: The Unconquered Sun, Primus, Tony Stark
- Followers: The Alchemical Exalted, the Autochthonians
- Autochthon's absolute mastery of technology of all sorts ensures his place at the head of the House of Technology. Much of the tech here is his own work, and many of the greatest engineers in the House of Technology were once his disciples before their own apotheosis.
Primus, God of Mechanical Lifeforms
(Heart of Cybertron, Wellspring of All Sparks, Supreme Class Wave 2, Last of the Light Gods, Lord of Light)
- Greater God. He would have greater influence if not for a general policy of noninterference.
- Symbol: The Autobot Matrix of Leadership
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Mechanical Lifeforms, Cybertrons, Physical Gods, Action Figures
- Domains: Artifice, Good, Law, Sun, Radiance, Life, Metal, Transformation, Warforged (As Close to Transformers as D&D currently has)
- Considers Tommy Oliver a genocidal maniac for his desire to sacrifice giant robots. Primus is the god of living machines, so it's a matter of looking after his children.
- Except Starscream. He'd rather The Traitor be immortal than rejoin with him. Which makes Starscream the Satan, rather than Megatron. Huh.
- It has been confirmed that Primus is the House of Technology, and maybe also several of the other Houses, or possibly also the bedrock(bedmetal?) of the Pantheon itself. Some gods were surprised by this. Face it, as big as this House is, there is no way that he could have fit into it. Considering that one of his alt-forms is a planet...
- His sibling is Unicron. In this reality, they ignore each other despite being in very, very close proximity. It helps that Unicron's time is almost entirely taken up by the Death Star and Galactus.
- Since Primus is a busy god, his public appearances are usually Rodimus Prime coloured gold. (Well, it's not like poor Rodimus has much to do these days anyway.)
Mag'ladroth, The Void Dragon
- Cosmic Entity, equivalent to Greater God
- Symbol: Meshed Cog
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Deus Est Machina, A.I. Is a Crapshoot, Cybernetics Eat Your Soul, Sealed Evil in a Can, Robot War, Determinator, Evil Is Not a Toy, Mecha-Mooks, Cargo Cult, Our Weapons Will Be Boxy in the Future
- Domains: Technology, Evil, Death, Knowledge, Creation, Time
- Allies: None
- Followers: The Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech Support
- In truth, merely a cosmic entity, but more powerful than some true gods, and hence earned a place in the Pantheon as the lord of evil from technology. Has few true followers or allies, merely pawns and food it has yet to consume. Likely boasts the largest army of the entire Pantheon, including multiple doomsday weapons. Fortunately for all concerned, it is prone to taking really long naps.
Anonymous, Avatar of the Internet
- Quasideity... we think. No one's really sure.
- Symbol: A suit with a question mark in place of a head. Alternatively, a Guy Fawkes mask
- Alignment: Changes constantly, but almost always chaotic. The Internet follows none of your puny laws.
- Anonymous just... showed up one day as Avatar of the internet. It didn't try to take Lain's job, but claimed to be the sum of all those who post on the internet, including Tv Tropes, and thus, the true mastermind behind the pantheon. Just in case Anonymous was right, no one has contested this. However, Anon's constantly changing viewpoint might mean that it removes itself, or at least its avatar in the Pantheons, from the houses of Tropes. No one can be sure about that.
- Anonymous is usually content to snark and leave well alone, but does not take censorship well. Just ask the Church of Scientology.
- Tick off Anonymous and it will destroy you.
- Anonymous is legion.
- Despite claiming several times to be evil, Anonymous has several times used its hate for the good of humanity, and the detriment of cat-abusers and pedophiles. This is because the highly amorphous nature of Anonymous means that its morals can change constantly. The only permanent thing about it is that it does not like censorship. At all.
- In addition, saying something bad about Mister Rogers in front of Anonymous is also considered a major mistake.
- Another thing that they care about is Yotsuba and some rumors state that she was one of the reasons why they ascended—to protect her.
- They seem to be VERY fond and protective of cats, including the ones in the Pantheon. Take a wild guess what will happen if you ever brag about harming one.