It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Pantheon: Sports Demigods And Quasideities
open/close all folders
Colt Cabana, God of Independent Wrestling
(Scott Colton, Scotty Goldman, "Boom Boom", Matt Classic)
- Theme Song: "Boom Boom".
- Symbol: A Headband with the word "Cabanarama" on it.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Professional Wrestling, Joke Characters of the Lethal Variety, Comedians.
- Domains: Competition, Luck, Trickery.
- Followers: Independent wrestlers, anybody looking for success without "Selling Out".
- Non-Ascended: Marty DeRosa.
- Ascended: CM Punk, Paul London and Brian Kendrick.
- Opposes: Vince McMahon.
- High Priest: "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush.
- The first wrestling Deity to ascend without the help of Vince McMahon. To say this infuriates McMahon is an understatement.
- Remember the fact he used to compete in WWE as Scotty Goldman? McMahon treated him as a mere jobber. Brian Kendrick remembers (as they fought once in his The Brian Kendrick persona) and buried the hatchet.
- Has a storied and long-standing friendship with CM Punk.
- He was once told "Funny ain't money". He's since dedicated his life to proving that wrong.
Dexter Grif, God of Blood Sports
, Dirtbag, That Yellow Guy, Sarge's Number 7 Man)
- Symbol: The AGLA logo
- Portfolio: Being ultra-lazy, being gluttonous, being on the short end of Sarge's schemes, being a Badass Driver when the situation calls for it
- Domain: Sloth, Gluttony, Pain
- Allies: Simmons, Donut, Church (both Alpha and Epsilon), Yukari Yakumo
- Enemies: Sarge (kinda)
- He was forced to ascend after the Main House decided to have a Grifball court built into the House of Sports. Whenever a player picks up the Grifball, Grif's spirit possesses their body and their uniform becomes orange - leaving him the prime target for everyone's Gravity Hammers. Also, much to his chagrin, he gets blown up whenever he scores.
- Whenever anyone's not playing Grifball, Grif can either be seen sleeping in his house or pigging out in the House of Food. His bottomless stomach scares that entire House. He once got into an eating contest with Pac-Man, Kirby, and Kyoko Sakura - after what took weeks (even after manipulation from the House of Time and Space), it ended with a tie.
- He has no idea why everyone thinks his armor is yellow instead of orange. In fact, Charlotte once tried to eat him, mistaking him for a block of cheese. (Grif survived, thanks to his protective cone.)
- He gets uneasy whenever he's around any type of Action Girl. This is likely a result of Tex busting his balls one too many times.
- Has a huge respect for Yukari Yakumo, and tries to emulate her laziness.
- He tried to pledge himself as a follower of every other deity in the Pantheon, under the rhetoric that omni-religion would force him to take every single day as a holy day of rest. It didn't work.
- The Stig, after seeing some records of Grif's driving capabilities, sent Grif an e-mail challenging him to a race. Grif hasn't responded, since he's too lazy to even look at his email.
Ippo Makunouchi, God of Boxing
- Symbol: a boxing champions' belt
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Boxing, Boxer Style, Bob and Weave, Fair Play, Badass Normal, Foe Yay, Butt Monkey
- Domains: Competition, Sports, Boxing, Strength
- Followers: Manny Pacquiao (his avatar), boxers in manga/anime.
- Allies: None, although Hong Meiling felt a certain camaraderie towards Ippo.
- Worthy Opponent: Dudley
- Enemy: Balrog.
- Ippo claimed the title as soon as he ascended to godhood. However, boxing gyms and challengers soon sprout left and right, leading Ippo to think that this position is some sort of divine setup. The current challenger is Rocky "The Italian Stallion" Balboa. And after that, Muhammad Ali has a thing or two he wants to say about not being chosen...
Little Mac, God of Boxing Battlers and Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Theme song: Punch-Out Main Theme (Wii version)
- Demigod (Pun unintentional)
- Symbol: His pink tracksuit
- Portfolio: Those never giving up, those who don't talk, Type 1 American based characters, small people who really don't like to be teased about their height, very fast boxers, the Star Punch, pink tracksuits, Giga Mac
- Domains: Boxing, Determination
- Non-ascended: Doc Louis (his coach)
- Ascended: Dudley and all good Nintendo Gods, Rey Mysterio, Ippo Makunochi
- Rivals: Balrog and all evil Nintendo Gods
- Friendly Rival: Glass Joe, Donkey Kong
- Ascended when he was given the invitation to participate in the next Super Smash Bros. Tournament, which was met with unanimous rejoicing, seeing as he was an Assist Trophy in the previous tournament.
- Usually does not like to be mocked of his height. The last person who did this, Samus, was sent flying to the moon with his K.O Punch. Gets along with Rey Mysterio, who has proven to be a god not to be messed with despite his size (although he doesn't like how Rey can get away with hitting people with steel chairs).
- Hates Balrog for being a disgrace to the sport of boxing, and sees Dudley as a mentor who at least has the sense not to insult him for his pink tracksuit he wears.
- Artix sreams in terror whenever Little Mac wears it (because he's scared of pink).
- Also leads the Boxing Club in the Academy.
- Trollkaiger thought it would be funny to replay clips of Samus making fun of his fight. Little Mac's response was to go Giga Mac.
- Happy to find a fellow WVBA boxer in Glass Joe, and Glass Joe is happy that it's Little Mac and not the other boxers like Mr. Sandman or Super Macho Man that's coming to see him.
- Has a seat in the House of Combat.
- Also was rumored to have gone mad in power after winning his title and done some atrocities, forcing Abobo to defeat him. With the help of NiGHTS, Little Mac was able to defend his case that it was All Just a Dream of Abobo's, enabling him to retain his place.
Miho Nishizumi, Goddess of Non-Lethal Tank Warfare
- Theme Song: "Sensha-Do March: Panzer Vor!".
- Symbol: The Cartoon-ish Anglerfish that marks her team's Panzer IV Ausf. H. Alternatively, the Ōarai Girls' Academy logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Tanks, unconventional tactics, No One Gets Left Behind, Heir to the Dojo, Adored Big Sister Figures who admire their own big sisters, Defector from Decadence, refusing to accept Serious Business unless it is legitimately serious, bringing hope to Sensha-Do students, Preventing schoools from closing.
- Domains: War, Sports, Tactics, Friendship, Hope
- Allies: Madoka, Twilight Sparkle, Luffy, Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed, Millhiore, Leonmitchelli and Couvert, Mark Jamieson Shepard, Miku Kohinata, Mako Reizei
- High Priestess: Yukari Akiyama
- Followers: The Oarai Girls' Academy Tankery Club, countless online tank gamers.
- Opposed by/Opposes: Her mother, Shiho Nishizumi
- Enemies: Azula and Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
- After taking a school whose Sensha-Do program was twenty years dead and winning a national tournament with leftover tanks, crews full of rookies, and tactical-defensive combat, she inadvertently caught the attention of Mars and Madoka. The Maiden of Battles determined that the girl had taken The Second Breath when she jumped a series of river-bound tanks to rescue her companions and the Goddess of Hope was impressed by the young Hope Bringer. She was then welcomed into the Pantheon.
- Yukari Akiyama worshiped her long before her ascension to this house. She served as tank loader when Miho was mortal and eagerly volunteered for the position of high priestess after her ascension. In contrast, her mother continues to refer to her style of Sensha-Do as "hersey". The look on her face when her daughter became a goddess is reported to have been priceless.
- She was offered a Lesser Deity status but refused it. According to her friends, it was hard enough to convince her to accept divinity at all. Even afterwards she was prone to saying Stop Worshipping Me.
- Whenever a Sensha-Do practioner says "Panzer Vor!" they are invoking Miho.
- As also performing the Anglerfish Dance, since it was one of the essential rituals that became instrumental in her team's victory over Pravda High.
- She's often visists the House Of War to discuss Sensha-Do tactics with Creed, sparking rumors that she is Creed's ancestor.
- Upon her ascension, Kamina expressed interest in mentoring her about Rousing Speeches. Sadly, when she tries to emulate his Large Ham style the result is endearingly awful.
- Learning about Azula and her treatment of her friends was the closest she's come to divine fury. Then she heard about her Villainous Breakdown and felt pity and compassion. They are only enemies as far as Azula believes that Sensha-Do is an elaborate plot by her loving mother to make her fail at life.
- She has a great relationship with Madoka and come to see the veteran goddess as a Cool Big Sis. She did not hesitate in joining the Pantheonic Rebellion to support her.
- She also is good friends with Saki Miyanaga, due to having similarities in their relationship with their respective sisters. Miho holds out hope that Teru cares more for Saki than she lets on, much like Miho's own sister does for her.
The Monstars, Gods of the Opposing Sports Team (The Mean Team, The Nerdlucks)
- Symbol: A basketball surrounded by space rings.
- Theme Music: Hit 'em High
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Opposing Sports Team, Amazing Technicolor Population, Make My Monster Grow, One-Winged Angel, stealing the talent of other basketball players, playing dirty, Punch Clock Villain, Defeat Means Friendship, Five-Bad Band.
- Domains: Aliens, Basketball, Cheating.
- Followers: The Luca Goers, Cobra Kai, The Globo Gym Purple Cobras
- Allies: The Ginyu Force
- Enemies: Michael Jordan, Sakuragi Hanamichi, Dr Eggman
- Rivals: All Looney Tunes affiliated gods.
- The Monstars came to the Pantheon when their boss Swackhammer found out about the Pantheon and decided that he wanted the Pantheon to be a new attraction at his intergalactic theme park, Moron Mountain. The Court of the Gods decided to challenge the Monstars to a basketball game; if the Monstars won, the Pantheon would be moved to Moron Mountain.
- With the Pantheon's basketball team being led by Michael Jordan and Sakuragi Hanamichi, the Monstars didn't stand a chance, not even after they'd stolen the talent of several basketball players in the mortal realm to boost their skills. The outraged Swackhammer was sent back to Moron Mountain when the Monstars turned on him, only for the Monstars to realise that they had no way of going home themselves. As a result, it was agreed that they would be given a position in the Pantheon.
- After their ascension, the Monstars returned the talent they'd stolen, but the powers of the Pantheon enabled them to remain in their Monstar forms due to the nature of their position.
- The orange one is called Pound, the green one is Bang, the purple one is Bupkus, the red one is Nawt and the blue one is Blanko.
- Following the relevation that Charles Barkley had grown more powerful since the Monstars last encountered him, steps have been taken to stop the Monstars from stealing his talent again should he ever come to the Pantheon.
- The Monstars had challenged the Looney Tunes to a basketball game once before, so the Looney Tunes told the Pantheon's team what to expect from them.
- Dr Eggman dislikes the Monstars because he views Moron Mountain as a threat to Dr Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park.
- The Monstars get along surprisingly well with the Ginyu Force, and have challenged them to a friendly basketball game. The Ginyu Force are the favourites to win because Guldo's psychic powers and Burter's super speed lend themselves well to basketball.
- If their poor stats in the tie-in video game are anything to go by, the Monstars aren't nearly as good at basketball as they claim to be.
Rincewind, God of Running
- Symbol: A pointy hat with stars and the word "WIZZARD" on it
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Running Away, Modern Major General, Battle Luggage, Obfuscating Stupidity, Reason Before Honor, Great Luck, Perfectly Reasonable Cowardice
- Domains: Travel, Magic
- Allies: Ciaphas Cain
- Followers (i.e. those running in the same direction): Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Latios, Latias, other cowards (but, as Rincewind is quick to point out, cowards who are still alive)
- Not the strongest god, but definitely one of the hardest to defeat. It's not easy to find him, especially when he's startled, but he might be in the library or in the Food house, eating potatoes.
- Possible the only god unkillable in full frontal combat due to his ability to run away from anything and everything.
Saki Miyanaga, Goddess of Mahjong
- Symbol: a 1 of Circles mahjong tile
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Mahjong, Joshikousei, Making Statisticians Cry
- Domain: Sports, Mahjong, Strategy
- Followers: Nodoka Haramura (her consort and Head Acolyte), Junichiro Koizumi, Hitler, The Pope, Yulia Tymoshenko
- Won the godhood from a much-vaunted Interdimensional Tournament of Mahjong, largely staying out of the proverbial bloodshed and defeating most other Mahjong masters too busy jockeying for position. She was defeated by Akagi in the final four match (the other two contestants are Junichiro Koizumi and her own sister Teru Miyanaga), but won the godhood anyway since the adjudicators from the House of Justice caught Akagi cheating and Saki's points was still unchanged after a mahjong equivalent of a massacre, thus demonstrating her absolute mastery of the game.
- Himeko has expressed interest in her and her partner, although it's still too early to say that they will be allies. The same could be said for Nanoha.
- She often gets lost in her own temple. This led to Nodoka leading her by the hand when she visits other Houses.
- Due to her skill with the technique, "Tsumo after a kong" is part of the standard prayer for her followers.
The Stig, God of Test Drivers and Professional Racers
(Mysterious Racer, All That We Known of Him, Racer X
- Symbol: a generic white full-face helmet
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Cars, Racers
- Domain: Sports, Racing, Celerity
- Followers: Michael Schumacher (served as his avatar for a time), Flying Finns (and many other Finnish people as well), the cast of Future GPX Cyber Formula, and professional racers worldwide. Speed Racer caters car for both The Stig and Takumi.
- Allies: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May.
- Rival: Tak Fujiwara.
- Enemies: Rubens Barrichello, Sebastian Vettel.
- Adscended after the fall of his predecessor, who's now known as the Sacked Stig.
- Maintains a fierce rivalry with Tak Fujiwara, although at present it's limited to open taunting and fierce races on street circuits (because The Stig races exclusively on the circuits while Tak highly prefer streets). Monaco is their favored venue.
- Some say that he has sent down a new, female avatar. Some say that he is an Egyptian king. All we know is... he's called The Stig.